Discussion Groups: Talk of the Valley

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Casey Malone gone from wkbn !!!!!!!
Posted by: <<<NEWS FLASH>>> (IP Logged)
Date: November 07, 2007 02:51PM

Casey Malone laid off ???? and in the same paragraph it was unknown if she would be replaced ???? how do you say you lay someone off because of budget then wonder if they will be replaced. Jerry Goddard and a engineer as well, boy they sure did wrong to the best they got how many of you can name someone else to go instead,

Re: Casey Malone gone from wkbn !!!!!!!
Posted by: ??? (IP Logged)
Date: November 07, 2007 03:00PM

If it is true, I am glad because she drove me crazy!! She knew everything about every subject, I had to turn the channel when she started ranting.

Posted by: Let's Laugh (IP Logged)
Date: November 07, 2007 03:22PM

But, they kept Verb. Hillarious.

Posted by: The Really Real A.C.Slater« (IP Logged)
Date: November 07, 2007 03:35PM

<<>> Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Casey Malone laid off ???? and in the same
> paragraph it was unknown if she would be replaced
> ???? how do you say you lay someone off because of
> budget then wonder if they will be replaced.
> Jerry Goddard and a engineer as well, boy they
> sure did wrong to the best they got how many of
> you can name someone else to go instead,

Double posting redundant attention seeking @#$%&.
Someone else already posted this.

Posted by: Jo Jo (IP Logged)
Date: November 08, 2007 12:43PM

Thank God the bar-room drunk is gone. Now she can go back to her beer stained couch and hit the bong and sound burnt out. Also a trip to the dentist is way over due for the a-hole

Posted by: Ain't life sweet? (IP Logged)
Date: November 09, 2007 08:01AM

Good riddance!

Posted by: Wow (IP Logged)
Date: November 09, 2007 08:22AM

I cannot believe there is so much disdain for this woman. I don't know her personally. I've heard her on the radio. She seemed like she was a good disc jockey when she was on cd106. When she hooked up with Ron Verb, I thought it was a huge improvement over that loudmouth Homey guy they had on. He still calls in but he was terrible. What happened to Pete Gabriel? They should have laid him off. He's got the phoniest laugh I've ever heard. I'd much rather hear Casey Malone than Pete. Now that I think about it, I'd rather hear her than Mangino. Give Casey the morning drive show. She'd be excellent. Bill Kelly, are you listening?????

Posted by: I agree (IP Logged)
Date: November 09, 2007 10:09AM

I drive to and from Akron each day and the last suggestion as to replacing "Mandirtball" in the morning with Casey is a GREAT one. I can't believe that Casey would be let go and Rivers, Mangino, and Verb are still on the air. What can Kelly be thinking? He obviously doesn't listen to these people or the other three would have been gone long ago.

I am sure that Casey won't be off the air for long and she sure won't miss working with Verbage. I am surprised she didn't beat him up long ago.

Posted by: R U KIDDING ME? (IP Logged)
Date: November 09, 2007 10:22AM

You've got to be kidding me? Casey is so fanatical and one sided. Sometimes, it's
like she is doing a separate show, 'cause, you don't know what the hell she is
saying. She can't see anyone else's point of view. Thank God I do not have to listen
to that gravelly voice of her's anymore.

Don't let the door hit you on the butt.

Posted by: Jason (IP Logged)
Date: November 09, 2007 10:45AM

WBKN tried their best to keep as many of the old CD106 DJ employeed as long as possible. Casey, Viking Jim, Krissy Patrcik, and all those other classic rock record spinner from CD106 are not made for WKBN. It is sad to see anyone laid off, but just think.. CLear Channel laid off 20 from ther Detroit station... so it could have been alot worse.

Posted by: Ex Druggie (IP Logged)
Date: November 09, 2007 01:17PM

That broad did not know anything unless she read it in the Enquirer. She was a classless act and always sounded like she was high, she still thought she was on a boring rock station. Good riddance let the fat ass go. She had a voice only a deaf man would like.

Posted by: Valley Resdient (IP Logged)
Date: November 09, 2007 03:14PM

Wow Wrote:
What happened to Pete Gabriel? They should have laid
him off.

Gabriel retired a couple of years ago. He does fill in for one of the DJs every now and then.

Posted by: Jackie (IP Logged)
Date: November 09, 2007 05:56PM

Thought I was the only one who hated the on air personalities at WKBN. They need to hold an area wide search for new talent. The old doom and gloom, crybaby format they have on there that they're trying to pass off as progressive talk is just not cutting it.

Posted by: noway (IP Logged)
Date: November 09, 2007 08:35PM

I would rather have seen Mangino and his one sided morning show take the cut too. Most days it was entertaining hearing Casey and Ron. Sorry folks different opinion sometimes its ---praise--- as hard as it is to believe. too bad the producers dont look into it.

Posted by: james (IP Logged)
Date: November 09, 2007 08:50PM

clearchannel stations blow. cumulus is way better

Posted by: Politico (IP Logged)
Date: November 09, 2007 10:38PM

I've listened to her and Verb for about 5 year. About 80% of the time, they are both out to lunch. It's obvious they have never lived outside this area, because they dont have a clue as to what it is like to live outside the "valley," I'm happy they got rid of her. I would have fired her long ago if she worked for me. Verb would be skating on thin ice too, and maybe he is. Having lived in 6 other states over the past 30 years, and held public office in one of them, their comments about economics, national politics, and defense reflect the myopic, narrowminded viewpoint that is killing this area and retarding its progress. When your radio signals carry beyond the city limits, people form an opinion of the area and people who live here. Morons shouldn't be left unsupervised on the air. Mangino should be next.

Posted by: Clearchannel Layoffs (IP Logged)
Date: November 10, 2007 12:08PM

I totally agree with you on all points, since I have experienced the same about Verb & Malone's steady negative comments, ranging from the weather to the economics. Also, you hit it right on the head on Mangino. He is considered a real NUT to people from outside our area that happen to tune in on his show for the first time. He foes after Bush & Chaney & republicans with a real vengeance almost on a daily basis. Although I am a long time registered democrat, his continuos vicious comments have really changed my opinion of party politics & am converting to the Independent party, along with several friends that feel the same as I do.

Posted by: dholbr4102 (IP Logged)
Date: November 11, 2007 12:19AM

I don't know what you all are talking about but Casey was the best thing on the air. I in fact would only listen to the show if she was on it. She was fair to other peoples point of view. She will be missed and I know will show up somewhere else soon.

Posted by: dholbr4102 (IP Logged)
Date: November 11, 2007 12:21AM

Well aren't we something.

Posted by: Bob (IP Logged)
Date: November 11, 2007 07:18AM

Greatest news I've heard in the past 6 months. She was the worst.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes