facebook twitter RSS
 

Discussion Groups: Talk of the Valley

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 10, 2017 10:37AM

Hemingway Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Webjoy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hemingway Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Actually other industrialised countries do
> have
> > a
> > > physician shortage. For example, Germany, for
> > > years, has had a serious problem of their
> > > physicians emigrating.
> >
> >
> > LOL, Hummer finds one country in the single
> payer
> > system that has a shortage and therefore they
> all
> > have shortages!!!
> >
> > Beautiful.
> >
> > What a moron. How are those 10 shares of TRN
> > doing?
>
> A moron is someone who claims other people are
> misinformed while simultaneously being oblivious
> that the most populous country in Western Europe
> has a severe doctor shortage. By the way, that
> shortage is spreading across Europe.
>
> Get informed yourself before you accuse others of
> being misinformed. That way these embarrassing
> moments where you get exposed won't happen for
> you.


Provide me a link that shows Europe has a SEVERE doctor shortage!

Hows the TRN working for you? You're an idiot.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 10, 2017 10:39AM

Single payer, government run health care systems are way more efficient and at half the costs of the US system. That really bothers Hummer. So he fabricates a SEVERE doctor shortage.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: Hemingway (IP Logged)
Date: March 10, 2017 10:43AM

Webjoy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hemingway Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Webjoy Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Hemingway Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Actually other industrialised countries do
> > have
> > > a
> > > > physician shortage. For example, Germany,
> for
> > > > years, has had a serious problem of their
> > > > physicians emigrating.
> > >
> > >
> > > LOL, Hummer finds one country in the single
> > payer
> > > system that has a shortage and therefore they
> > all
> > > have shortages!!!
> > >
> > > Beautiful.
> > >
> > > What a moron. How are those 10 shares of TRN
> > > doing?
> >
> > A moron is someone who claims other people are
> > misinformed while simultaneously being
> oblivious
> > that the most populous country in Western
> Europe
> > has a severe doctor shortage. By the way, that
> > shortage is spreading across Europe.
> >
> > Get informed yourself before you accuse others
> of
> > being misinformed. That way these embarrassing
> > moments where you get exposed won't happen for
> > you.
>
>
> Provide me a link that shows Europe has a SEVERE
> doctor shortage!
>
> Hows the TRN working for you? You're an idiot.

I made 3 picks here and 2 of them were great. Google Europe's doctor shortage yourself.

It's an old story with you. You insult people. Then you get caught talking out your rear end then you deny the obvious and make yourself look even worse.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 10, 2017 10:45AM

Anyone who voted for Gary Johnson, a total idiot, must be himself a total idiot.

Aleppo, how can anyone with even a cursory knowledge of world events not know what and where Aleppo is.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: cycler (IP Logged)
Date: March 11, 2017 09:22AM

That is incorrect _ again ( what a surprise eh ? )
The NUMBER of US medical schools ( MD/DO ) has increased quite a bit in the past two decades due to the opening of some 20 Osteopathic medical school now totaling 48, up from ten in the 1980s. There are 140 MD medical schools, a stain number.

The shortage is linked to a decrease in federal funding for the necessary post graduate training spots: i.e. You can't admit a student if there are no residency slots to train them and The number of those slots are shrinking.

There are corollary factors as well but you can't just open a medical school.

Yes US Drs. are well paid in comparison to other countries, and, under a single payor system, US physical wages will come down. BUT in the US, as opposed to other countries, MOST Drs. were no employees, now no longer the case.

TO say FP/GP's 'MAKE" close to $200K is misleading because you are not accounting for the expense side of the equation - ever increasing non- funded mandates, insures etc etc. FP net now decreases annually to the point that primary care will be the realm of Nurse Practitioners in the very near future as MD/DO's no longer can AFFORD to enter the fields. ( see discussions of debt / practice overhead/RVU targets etc.)

The days of million dollar specialists has long been over outside of purely cosmetic based cash only practices and even then that is on the order of 1% of physicians. ( again - making things up as you go long )


And Yes, I had already read the NYT article and much of it's points are valid, but not all. IT's a very superficial look at a much more complex problem. One very strongly advocated solution is to eliminate the debt of graduating medical students - I believe it is now somewhere north of $200K on average.

Simple economic common sense dictates specialty training over primary care in most cases. You invest in a grueling and socially isolating 17 years of schooling and a quarter of a million ( or more with undergrad debt) dollars in loans you cannot be reasonably be expected to take a salaried position that cannot cover your debt and cost of living , raise a family etc....




Webjoy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow, are you people misinformed. There is a
> shortage of doctors BECAUSE US med schools limit
> the number of people who can get in.
>
> And look at the wages of doctors in the US
> compared to doctors in Europe and Canada. Do you
> people read stuff?
>
> Doctors in the US are the highest paid in the
> world. By a WIDE MARGIN!!!
>
> General practitioners in the US make almost 200K.
>
> In Europe it ranges from 70K to 120K. In the UK it
> is 120K.
>
> My god are you people misinformed. Why isn't there
> a doctor shortage in the other industrialized
> countries? (Canada and Europe)
>
> Another problem is too many become specialist and
> not PCP's. Because specialists can make millions
> more than a PCP.
>
> Here's a good read for people with uninformed
> opinions that are mostly wrong.
>
> My suggestion, read more, post bullshiite less.
>
> [economix.blogs.nytimes.com]-
> much-do-doctors-in-other-countries-make/?_r=0
>
>
>
> [www.nytimes.com]
> -shortage-lets-take-a-closer-look.html

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: cycler (IP Logged)
Date: March 11, 2017 09:26AM

Take a look at the British Health cares system - it's about to collapse. Past polls have pointed to Italy and France as THE BEST healthcare systems. Not so much now in Italy given the economic collapse.

Single payor systems work when the tax base and GDP can support it. Not so well if not.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: Pismire_Is_A_Dunce (IP Logged)
Date: March 11, 2017 10:11AM

Hemingway Wrote:
> I made 3 picks here and 2 of them were great.
> Google Europe's doctor shortage yourself.


Great? LOL. You made 60 cents a share on a penny stock that you could have made $5 a share on. And claimed you weren't paying attention. Plus, you refuse to say how many shares you bought. Which likely means 100 and so you made a whopping $60. If I dropped $60, I wouldn't bend over to pick it up.

Your TRN story was that the Keystone pipeline was going to be passed and then vetoed by Obama. TRN was a HUGE loser for you. was down well over 50% before rebounding a bit when oil rebounded. The worst stock pick ever on Vindy.

You're a alt right nutcase. Likely not much of a lawyer either.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: Pismire_Is_A_Dunce (IP Logged)
Date: March 11, 2017 10:15AM

cycler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Take a look at the British Health cares system -
> it's about to collapse.

False. Like Obamacare is about to collapse? Total Republican BS.

> Past polls have pointed to
> Italy and France as THE BEST healthcare systems.
> Not so much now in Italy given the economic
> collapse.

Funny how when the economy tanks, it affects EVERYTHING, including health care. Still, their systems are half the cost of the US system and get better results.

> Single payor systems work when the tax base and
> GDP can support it. Not so well if not.

Duh, when government revenues aren't good, ALL government programs suffer.

When the economy isn't doing well, ALL HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS suffer.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: cycler (IP Logged)
Date: March 11, 2017 12:42PM

Of course you are not factoring in the tax basis for a single payor system. How much tax increase do you think you can accept ?

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: cycler (IP Logged)
Date: March 11, 2017 12:49PM

False ? once again making tis up as you go along. - you must be a real idiot then. Read the relevant news- the British system is literally on it's knees and much of the hospital system is about to close it's doors.

Obama care has nothing to do with it and was a good first step towards universal coverage.

Economic downturns in the US don't really affect the Healthcare delivery system much. I don't know why you would think so - just look back a few years.

IT must be a interesting fantasy land you live in You sure you aren't one of the old boys getting their Morning coffee and hanging at McDOnaalds's all morn solving ALL the world's problems ? You sure sound like this e jokers.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 12, 2017 07:36AM

cycler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Take a look at the British Health cares system -
> it's about to collapse. Past polls have pointed to
> Italy and France as THE BEST healthcare systems.
> Not so much now in Italy given the economic
> collapse.
>
> Single payor systems work when the tax base and
> GDP can support it. Not so well if not.


2 things that show you aren't too in touch with things. The British health care system is in great shape. I couldn't find anything that says it is near collapse.

Second, a single payer system IS CHEAPER than our system. That's what happens when you eliminate the Insurance industry. That's why Medicare is cheaper.

But, I already pay 50% of my income to various taxing entities.

Feds, Commonwealth, local, sales, property, excise, SS, Medicare, all tallied up equals close to 50%.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: cycler (IP Logged)
Date: March 12, 2017 12:17PM

LOl - that laughable if it wasn't so devoid of factual content. About the most misinformed thing you've written -and THAT"s saying a lot.

I've already told you the USA is going to a single payor system...no news there cheaper ? maybe... depends on the tax base.

I'm unfortunately ahead of you on the tax burden side..and it will increase under a single payor system





Webjoy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> cycler Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Take a look at the British Health cares system
> -
> > it's about to collapse. Past polls have pointed
> to
> > Italy and France as THE BEST healthcare systems.
>
> > Not so much now in Italy given the economic
> > collapse.
> >
> > Single payor systems work when the tax base and
> > GDP can support it. Not so well if not.
>
>
> 2 things that show you aren't too in touch with
> things. The British health care system is in great
> shape. I couldn't find anything that says it is
> near collapse.
>
> Second, a single payer system IS CHEAPER than our
> system. That's what happens when you eliminate the
> Insurance industry. That's why Medicare is
> cheaper.
>
> But, I already pay 50% of my income to various
> taxing entities.
>
> Feds, Commonwealth, local, sales, property,
> excise, SS, Medicare, all tallied up equals close
> to 50%.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 12, 2017 11:33PM

cycler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOl - that laughable if it wasn't so devoid of
> factual content. About the most misinformed thing
> you've written -and THAT"s saying a lot.
>
> I've already told you the USA is going to a single
> payor system...no news there cheaper ? maybe...
> depends on the tax base.
>
> I'm unfortunately ahead of you on the tax burden
> side..and it will increase under a single payor
> system
>
>
>
>
>
> Webjoy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > cycler Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Take a look at the British Health cares
> system
> > -
> > > it's about to collapse. Past polls have
> pointed
> > to
> > > Italy and France as THE BEST healthcare
> systems.
> >
> > > Not so much now in Italy given the economic
> > > collapse.
> > >
> > > Single payor systems work when the tax base
> and
> > > GDP can support it. Not so well if not.
> >
> >
> > 2 things that show you aren't too in touch with
> > things. The British health care system is in
> great
> > shape. I couldn't find anything that says it is
> > near collapse.
> >
> > Second, a single payer system IS CHEAPER than
> our
> > system. That's what happens when you eliminate
> the
> > Insurance industry. That's why Medicare is
> > cheaper.
> >
> > But, I already pay 50% of my income to various
> > taxing entities.
> >
> > Feds, Commonwealth, local, sales, property,
> > excise, SS, Medicare, all tallied up equals
> close
> > to 50%.

Medicare is cheaper and that is a fact. Single payer systems throughout the world cost half what the US system costs. Single payer systems don't need insurance companies which cuts a huge piece off the US health care system.

Are you stupid or just Republican or both?

And I see no proof of the British system collapsing. None. Have you been there? I doubt it and I have many times. Plus the British love their system.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2017 11:35PM by Webjoy.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: Hemingway (IP Logged)
Date: March 12, 2017 11:55PM

No proof of the British National health service collapsing???? Are you joking?

Google "NHS collapse" and you'll find many sources, to include the BBC, quoting British authorities talking such a collapse.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2017 07:20AM

Hemingway Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No proof of the British National health service
> collapsing???? Are you joking?
>
> Google "NHS collapse" and you'll find many
> sources, to include the BBC, quoting British
> authorities talking such a collapse.


LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Years of underfunding have left the service facing such “impossible” demands that without urgent extra investment in November’s autumn statement it will have to cut staff, bring in charges or introduce “draconian rationing” of treatment – all options that will provoke public disquiet, it says.

Sounds like Repubicans are trying to do the same thing in England they are trying to do here. Kill people.

So your logic (YOUR LOGIC) is to UNDERFUND something and cause it to collapse and then blame the system???

Typical dooshbag idiot.

That's your logic.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: Hemingway (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2017 08:18AM

You said the USA was the only industrialised country with a doctor shortage. You were proven wrong.

Then you claimed you knew of no evidence of the British health system collapsing. But you are then shown that a less than 5 second Google search can give you such evidence.

You make stuff up. You have your own set of alternative facts.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2017 08:20AM

Hemingway Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You said the USA was the only industrialised
> country with a doctor shortage. You were proven
> wrong.
>
> Then you claimed you knew of no evidence of the
> British health system collapsing. But you are then
> shown that a less than 5 second Google search can
> give you such evidence.
>
> You make stuff up. You have your own set of
> alternative facts.


I never said the US was the only country with a doctor shortage ever.

But, I do love how you alter the facts to suit your idiocy.

Kind of like when I exposed you on your Ballard investment.

You couldn't even figure out your percentage gain, I had to set you straight on that. Then your bogus claim that you weren't paying attention when the stock was $6-7.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2017 08:22AM by Webjoy.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: Hemingway (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2017 08:43AM

Webjoy Wrote:
--------------------------------------------------
> My god are you people misinformed. Why isn't there
> a doctor shortage in the other industrialized
> countries? (Canada and Europe)


Turns out he was the one who was misinformed.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2017 08:45AM

Hemingway Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Webjoy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > My god are you people misinformed. Why isn't
> there
> > a doctor shortage in the other industrialized
> > countries? (Canada and Europe)
>
>
> Turns out he was the one who was misinformed.


LOL, you're now like Pismire. Always searching for the 1 haystack needle to "PROVE" me wrong.

OK, NEARLY ALL single payer systems have no doctor shortage.

A sure sign of a narcissistic moron with an inferiority complex and not much in the way of intellect.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2017 08:48AM by Webjoy.

Re: "Fixing health care"
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2017 08:50AM

You do the same thing all the time. Find outliers that "PROVE" your point even as there is no proof and no point.

Like for the ACA, when you find a handful of people who couldn't keep their doctor, you claim Obama lied.

It's the kind of logic the alt right kooks use. It's a sign of low intellect and really a sign of low integrity.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2017 08:51AM by Webjoy.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes