facebook twitter RSS
 

Discussion Groups: Talk of the Valley

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
You've got to love the Catholic church! Always willing to change the rules!!!
Posted by: Pismire_Is_A_Dunce (IP Logged)
Date: March 11, 2017 10:52AM

Now talking about letting married men into the priesthood. I suspect the Pope and God had a conversation on it last month.

Amazing how things that were sacrosanct suddenly become not so important when you can't get men to be priests any more.

Re: You've got to love the Catholic church! Always willing to change the rules!!!
Posted by: anothermike (IP Logged)
Date: March 11, 2017 04:31PM

Other religious sects are also having the same shortage......This Pope will/is taking it into consideration.....won't change the rules for the current clergymen.....

Re: You've got to love the Catholic church! Always willing to change the rules!!!
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 12, 2017 07:29AM

anothermike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Other religious sects are also having the same
> shortage......This Pope will/is taking it into
> consideration.....won't change the rules for the
> current clergymen.....


Which is in fact, even dumber than not allowing priests to marry.

Imagine 2 priests, one has been a priest for 10 years and can't marry and one is a new priest and is married. Well, I guess the old priest just has to keep molesting little boys or messing around with the nuns.

Re: You've got to love the Catholic church! Always willing to change the rules!!!
Posted by: anothermike (IP Logged)
Date: March 12, 2017 12:50PM

In other words, all single men molest little boys and all single women molest little girls and sometimes they mix it all up ??......here is a news flash for everyone who hates Catholics.....being single does NOT mean never being intimate with a member of the opposite sex.......Holy tomato sauce!!

Re: You've got to love the Catholic church! Always willing to change the rules!!!
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 12, 2017 11:27PM

anothermike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In other words, all single men molest little boys
> and all single women molest little girls and
> sometimes they mix it all up ??......here is a
> news flash for everyone who hates
> Catholics.....being single does NOT mean never
> being intimate with a member of the opposite
> sex.......Holy tomato sauce!!


The investigation into the Catholic Church in Boston, found that at least 6% of priests were guilty of molestation.

Re: You've got to love the Catholic church! Always willing to change the rules!!!
Posted by: seymorekumquatsIII (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2017 09:11AM

When it comes to the Kingdom of God, all men fall short. Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Muslims Atheists. Just read of a Protestant missionary in Haiti being extradited over sexual molestation charges. Also just read of a kooky religious cult busted over abuse charges. Saw a Jewish rabbi busted on Chris Hanson's To Catch a Predator.
Fortunately, some are summoned to rise above our fallen nature to achieve God's Holy Designs through works of mercy.
The Catholic church is the largest charity organization in the world. Men and women laboring domestically and in every corner of the globe doing good works.
This new proposal would permit ordaining married men to serve in currently unserviced and remote areas.
The ways of the Lord are mysterious.

Re: You've got to love the Catholic church! Always willing to change the rules!!!
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2017 09:18AM

seymorekumquatsIII Wrote:
> The Catholic church is the largest charity
> organization in the world.

Very hard to prove and likely not true in real dollars. Perhaps if you count the total number of Roman Catholics (1.2 billion) those numbers account for it being THE LARGEST. But, in real dollar terms, you can't prove it.

The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation likely is larger in dollar terms.

The Roman Catholic church is probably number 1 in legal fees defending pedophiles. Also likely the leader in pedophile payouts.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2017 09:22AM by Webjoy.

Re: You've got to love the Catholic church! Always willing to change the rules!!!
Posted by: seymorekumquatsIII (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2017 10:09AM

Sources: IRS Form 990, annual report or statement of individual charities, www.guidestar.org, www.ministrywatch.org, www.give.org, Minnesota Attorney General's Office; Chronicle of Philanthropy.

[www.forbes.com]

If you go down and select all of the Catholic organizations the amount is astounding! Adding up just Catholic Charities, Food for the Poor, Catholic Relief Services, St. Jude's, and America's Second Harvest alone total $5,570,000,000, which is greater than #1 on the list for America. Keep going down the list and you find Father Flanagan's homes, Catholic Medical Mission Board, Covenant House, and more. Add the thousands of other charities, from Missionaries to the Poor, Amigos for Christ, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, to religious orders (like Missionaries of Charity) and thousands upon thousands of individual parishes across the globe who often do their work in anonymity, and you will see some of the charitable works of the Catholic Church.



In the Business Week article below, scroll down to “charities”.

[www.businessweek.com]

Re: You've got to love the Catholic church! Always willing to change the rules!!!
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2017 10:15AM

seymorekumquatsIII Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sources: IRS Form 990, annual report or statement
> of individual charities, www.guidestar.org,
> www.ministrywatch.org, www.give.org, Minnesota
> Attorney General's Office; Chronicle of
> Philanthropy.
>
> [www.forbes.com]
> l
>
> If you go down and select all of the Catholic
> organizations the amount is astounding! Adding up
> just Catholic Charities, Food for the Poor,
> Catholic Relief Services, St. Jude's, and
> America's Second Harvest alone total
> $5,570,000,000, which is greater than #1 on the
> list for America. Keep going down the list and you
> find Father Flanagan's homes, Catholic Medical
> Mission Board, Covenant House, and more. Add the
> thousands of other charities, from Missionaries to
> the Poor, Amigos for Christ, soup kitchens,
> homeless shelters, to religious orders (like
> Missionaries of Charity) and thousands upon
> thousands of individual parishes across the globe
> who often do their work in anonymity, and you will
> see some of the charitable works of the Catholic
> Church.
>
>
>
> In the Business Week article below, scroll down to
> “charities”.
>
> [www.businessweek.com]
> /b3778004.htm


Sweet, a link to Forbes from 2006. Only includes public charities too. Doesn't include the Gates foundation.

And the second link goes nowhere.

Great job.

Did you find anything on pedophile payouts?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2017 10:16AM by Webjoy.

Re: You've got to love the Catholic church! Always willing to change the rules!!!
Posted by: seymorekumquatsIII (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2017 10:38AM

Yes, I applaud the good works of the Gate Foundation.

From Gates Foundation website:
Total grant payments since inception (through Q4 2015): $36.7 billion

The Catholic Church spends hundreds of billions of dollars per year on charity.

Re: You've got to love the Catholic church! Always willing to change the rules!!!
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2017 10:55AM

seymorekumquatsIII Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, I applaud the good works of the Gate
> Foundation.
>
> From Gates Foundation website:
> Total grant payments since inception (through Q4
> 2015): $36.7 billion
>
> The Catholic Church spends hundreds of billions of
> dollars per year on charity.


No they don't and you would never be able to prove it.

Re: You've got to love the Catholic church! Always willing to change the rules!!!
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2017 10:56AM

[www.forbes.com]

Would be kind of hard to pay out hundreds of billions a year when your total yearly revenues are less than 4 billion.

Re: You've got to love the Catholic church! Always willing to change the rules!!!
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2017 10:59AM

[www.forbes.com]

Catholic charities is number 9 at less than a billion. And mine is recent.

Plus, these are public charities so doesn't include the Gates foundation which gives away more that the Catholics.

Re: You've got to love the Catholic church! Always willing to change the rules!!!
Posted by: seymorekumquatsIII (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2017 01:29PM

Catholic Charities is just one charitable organization out of a zillion Catholic charitable organizations. And this list is only the American Catholic charitable organizations and not inclusive of foreign Catholic charities or anonymous organizations.

If you go down and select all of the Catholic
> organizations the amount is astounding! Adding up
> just Catholic Charities, Food for the Poor,
> Catholic Relief Services, St. Jude's, and
> America's Second Harvest alone total
> $5,570,000,000,

That is $5 trillion, Skippy. Trillion with a T and just 5 American organizations out of a
zillion worldwide. And from the IRS, too. So argue with the IRS.
You said some dumb things here, Skippy, but you just outdid yourself comparing the Gates Foundation.

[www.facebook.com]



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2017 01:30PM by seymorekumquatsIII.

Re: You've got to love the Catholic church! Always willing to change the rules!!!
Posted by: Webjoy (IP Logged)
Date: March 13, 2017 01:36PM

seymorekumquatsIII Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Catholic Charities is just one charitable
> organization out of a zillion Catholic charitable
> organizations. And this list is only the American
> Catholic charitable organizations and not
> inclusive of foreign Catholic charities or
> anonymous organizations.
>
> If you go down and select all of the Catholic
> > organizations the amount is astounding! Adding
> up
> > just Catholic Charities, Food for the Poor,
> > Catholic Relief Services, St. Jude's, and
> > America's Second Harvest alone total
> > $5,570,000,000,
>
> That is $5 trillion, Skippy. Trillion with a T
> and just 5 American organizations out of a
> zillion worldwide. And from the IRS, too. So
> argue with the IRS.
> You said some dumb things here, Skippy, but you
> just outdid yourself comparing the Gates
> Foundation.
>
> [www.facebook.com]
> -catholic-church-is-the-largest-charitable-organiz
> ation-in-the-world/399364450111086/


What an idiot, St Judes isn't related to the church and was founded by Danny Thomas.

The church gives more to pedophiles victims than charity.

And his source is FACEBOOK!!!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2017 01:41PM by Webjoy.



Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes