Discussion Groups: Stories

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: E.J. Blott Elementary to celebrate success
Posted by: Education Voter (IP Logged)
Date: August 27, 2007 10:33AM

Well guess what? Look for more voucher abuse coming to a district near you! There are more schools listed in the Vindicator today. I tried to start a thread, but I don't see it here. Maybe someone else would have more luck.

Posted by: Education Voter (IP Logged)
Date: August 27, 2007 10:42AM

On the topic of religious education, check out this link from the "Talk of the Valley" forum. A thread started by Islamofascisthater about radical Islamic schools in Columbus funded by the taxpayers of Ohio. [www.frontpagemag.com]

Posted by: ChristianMom (IP Logged)
Date: August 27, 2007 08:56PM

Today was my children's first day back to Liberty and I can tell you that the teachers are not really happy about the vouchers. Why don't the parents that got them just come out and say, "We think our child can get a better education elsewhere." How about some support!!!! My neighbor has 2 children and pulled them out of Liberty because of poor grades. Well, if your child doesn't do homework and spends all their time on the phone, how is switching schools going to improve their grades. How about some parents accepting responsibility for their children's education and not blaming the teachers. They have our children for what, 6 hours a day? How are they responsible for what happens the other 18 hours? I am proud to say that today my oldest brought home his scores from the test in May and they were in the advanced level. Even though my husband and I are very involved with our children's education, we cannot take all the credit. I am very happy with the teachers at Liberty. Two of my children were in Title 1 at E. J. Blott and now they get excellent grades. Liberty Teachers ROCK!!!

Posted by: Alot of abuse in education spending (IP Logged)
Date: August 27, 2007 09:21PM

ChristianMom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Amen!! And just think, those religious schools
> had to have known what was going on. When long
> time students of their school were pulled out at
> the end of last school year, and then re-enrolled,
> they welcomed them back with open arms, no
> questions asked. I guess as long as they were
> getting their tuition they didn't care where it
> was coming from or how it was obtained. What an
> example to the public. They teach religious
> principles but don't practice them.

What about taxpayer abuse? How many times has Ohio's form of using property taxes to fund public schools been ruled as unconstitutional? It enfuriates me to read some of these posts on here about public school districts where kids can't even get a book to bring home to study with. Our taxes keep going up-but it doesn't guarantee the quality of education will!

Posted by: Y-town Teacher (IP Logged)
Date: August 28, 2007 09:11AM

Abuse -- they have us spread thin in Youngstown. You know what I would like to see? They just had a Vindy article about the salaries of the latest public school administrators hired. Soon they will have one about teacher salaries, maybe today.

I would really like to know what all those administrators at Eagle Heights make. It is a public school too. The really sweet thing for their administration is that they are retire-rehires from public school systems.

I would like to know how much the "caring" psychologists that founded Summit Academy are drawing in. With schools all around the state, it could be a lot. How scary is it, if Ohio really does have so many kids with ADHD that they can fill numerous schools? They must have 500 kids in their schools here.

Posted by: To Don (IP Logged)
Date: September 21, 2007 09:19PM

Some voucher experiences for you to consider.

Posted by: Curious Parent (IP Logged)
Date: February 01, 2008 10:58PM

After several months being back in school...anyone know how many used the voucher, and how far attendance is down at Blott?
I am curious to see how it;s transpired.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes