Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Current Page: 1 of 13
Chaney, East still plagued by violence
Posted by: Vindy.com (IP Logged)
Date: October 13, 2007 07:31AM

Re: Chaney, East still plagued by violence
Posted by: lancer (IP Logged)
Date: October 13, 2007 07:31AM

The nice elderly people that have lived around Chaney for many, many years must be very upset to see their neighborhood go downhill since the closing of Woodrow Wilson High School. The "quality" of students are being proven with articles like this one. They should have reopened South High School when they closed Wilson. Some people just don't know how to act and should stay in their own neighborhoods.

Just my $0.02

Posted by: MamaT (IP Logged)
Date: October 13, 2007 08:16AM

Thank you Lancer, for your opinion. I'd really love to see the documentation and data you accessed to determine the backgrounds of these offending students. You know, the number that are last year Chaney students, last year Wilson students, incoming 9th and 10th graders from Alpha & Athena, incoming freshmen from Charter schools, incoming freshmen from other areas??? That way you can support your inference that it is Wilson students causing this trouble. Or perhaps, you aren't assuming they're Wilson students - just students that would have normally fed into the Wilson population?

----------------------------

If you're not part of the solution YOU ARE part of the problem!

Posted by: ?? (IP Logged)
Date: October 13, 2007 08:24AM

You can't control savages. If I lived in Youngstown, I would work three jobs to make sure my child went to a private school. Then again, I would work three jobs to make sure I could move to the suburbs.

Posted by: to lancer (IP Logged)
Date: October 13, 2007 04:15PM

the board can't reopen south, because they foolishly sold it years ago for $5,000. doubt they would have the $ to get it back, as it would be a much higher asking price after all the work that has been done. doubt if the current owner would even want to sell it. not a bad idea, though. think we can start the ball rolling on it? put it in the board's ear?

Posted by: Enough excuses (IP Logged)
Date: October 13, 2007 05:26PM

MamaT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you Lancer, for your opinion. I'd really
> love to see the documentation and data you
> accessed to determine the backgrounds of these
> offending students. You know, the number that are
> last year Chaney students, last year Wilson
> students, incoming 9th and 10th graders from Alpha
> & Athena, incoming freshmen from Charter schools,
> incoming freshmen from other areas??? That way
> you can support your inference that it is Wilson
> students causing this trouble. Or perhaps, you
> aren't assuming they're Wilson students - just
> students that would have normally fed into the
> Wilson population?

Why don't you look up statistics on the surgeon generals site or many others that are available, or have you already? The incidents of criminal behavior in schools as far as blacks vs. whites are over 5 to 1. Population factored in, the incidents of violent criminal behavior in schools perpetrated by blacks is in excess of 90 percent. Stop blaming the system and administrators for your races failure to control your young animals. Remember the rest of us paying the bills are all Americans, you have seperated yourselves in to your own " African American" nation with special priviledges that no other ethnicity enjoys. However, it is everyone elses fault that this group of people are now finishing off the destruction of a city and any semblense of a school system and you expect us to keep paying for it. No more!

Posted by: Keisha (IP Logged)
Date: October 13, 2007 06:37PM

MamaT -

I 've been following your posts here. You sound like a reasonable, rational and intelligent person. I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts but, I must admit, I am puzzled as to why you continue to address the, obviously, ignorant and racist remarks on this board. Posters who make statements like,

"Stop blaming the system and administrators for your races (sic) failure to control your young animals."

and

"You can't control savages. If I lived in Youngstown, I would work three jobs to make sure my child went to a private school. Then again, I would work three jobs to make sure I could move to the suburbs."

and

"Some people just don't know how to act and should stay in their own neighborhoods."

Quite frankly, these comments make my blood boil -- but I realized a long time ago that debating with these people is beyond useless. I can tell that your motive seems to be to educate the ignorant and subdue the arrogant and, while I admire that, girl, I gotta tell you -- you're fighting a losing battle! (smile) I used to post on this board a lot, but it wore me out. This is my first post here in about 6 months -- and, likely, my last for another 6 months.

There should be a sign on the freeway entrance to Youngstown that reads, "WELCOME TO THE MAHONKY VALLEY! PLEASE SET YOUR WATCH BACK 50 YEARS.

-- Keisha

Former Youngstown Resident
Chaney Graduate '83

Posted by: wow! (IP Logged)
Date: October 13, 2007 08:44PM

wow keisha! MAHONKY VALLEY????? now who's the racist????? take a look in the morror!

Posted by: anita (IP Logged)
Date: October 13, 2007 11:22PM

so basicly there blaming it on us wilson kids i truely think its everybody in the school wilson was nothing like that last yr its the gangs in the school thats getting out of hand the people in chaneys neighborhood have to get over the fact that more people is entering the school or move away i think that the schools was ok how they was last yr wendy web knew that just bunching the kids all in one school like that it was going to be chaios and its not just the wilson kids its volney anthna and alpha to i just thought you guys she look at it in a kids point of view

Posted by: teacher (IP Logged)
Date: October 14, 2007 12:06AM

There are good schools in Ohio. I work at one. I have never heard of such terrible behavior by students. Anyone that blames this type of ignorant behavior on anyone but the ones who do it are fools themselves. This is a shame, the ones who want to learn have no chance at these schools. All these incidents should result in these students being kicked out for good. Let them go to Cambodia, Chad or Bangladesh and work with Care or World Vision. They need a wake up call. These kids are the product of uncaring or unfit adults who decided to have children when they can't even manage their own existance.

Current Page: 1 of 13

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes