> dont give me the 'its not their fault they're fat'
> story. Yes it is. They can choose not to be
> gluttonous pigs just like smokers can choose not
> to smoke. I would rather work with a smoker than
> the 400 pound pig I had to sit by at work for 3
> years. SHe ate at her desk all day long then
> would wonder why she wasnt 'losing weight'. STOP
> EATING.

Thank you for saying that!! You are so right, FAT people and crack smokers who keep popping out kids addicted to drugs are the biggest cause of higher premiums! We don't even know the long term effects these kids could have, they could have health problems the rest of their lives! Oh but don't dear say anything about a fat person because God forbid that is DISCRIMINATION!! I am sick of smokers being blamed for higher health care costs, it's time to look around at all the fat people and crack smokers out there too!

Re: If you want a job, give up cigarettes
Posted by: Reality Addict (IP Logged)
Date: October 24, 2007 12:29PM

To the best of my knowledge, race, gender, religion, age (people over 40) and national origin are the only things that an employers are legally barred from using as reasons to discriminate. Anything else, smoking, hieght, wieght, etc. is okay. So, the employer acts within it's rights no explanation needed.

As for the individual who states he subsidizes a buisness giving him rights with regard to access to the owners health records, he is completely wrong. Customers do not subsidize buisnesses they patronize them. The poster is free to inquire about a buisness owners smoking habits and the owner will likely tell him to mind his own buisness. The poster is always free to take his buisness elswhere.

Posted by: on this subject (IP Logged)
Date: October 24, 2007 01:09PM

here is a reallity check:have a employer TELL a person during an interview that they will not hire them even though they are qulified because they are fat,over weight,obese,or whatever term you want to use and just sit back and watch the law suits start and in the name of..........you guessed the missing word.......discrmination.samething with height.

Posted by: John Concern (IP Logged)
Date: October 24, 2007 01:24PM

Employers still hire illegal aliens that smoke and drink for a lower wage. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Posted by: boohoo (IP Logged)
Date: October 24, 2007 01:49PM

I'm a smoker and I really wouldn't have a problem if an employer went smoke free IN the establishment..BUT i'm against them telling me what i can do outside of work, at home, If I want to smoke off the clock, then i should have that right..Isn't there a hospital recently that won't hire a smoker, PERIOD?

Posted by: Reality Addict (IP Logged)
Date: October 24, 2007 02:16PM

I didn't say that someone who is discriminated against for something other than race, gender, religion, age (people over 40) and national origin would not file suit. However the law at least in Ohio as far as I know does not consider anything else to be illegal discrimination. I would argue that if a suit was filed it would be quickly dismissed.

The hospital you are asking about boohoo is The Cleveland Clinic.

Posted by: clean air (IP Logged)
Date: October 24, 2007 03:10PM

do people that smoke have any idea what they look like? with yellow teeth, wrinkles, and raspy voices? I think it is so funny when these people especially women think they're still sexy. even when they're not smoking, they don't think we can tell just by listening to them talk or looking at them? people, look in the mirror!

Posted by: Let's Laugh (IP Logged)
Date: October 24, 2007 03:58PM

"when these people especially women think they're still sexy. even when they're not smoking"

Maybe these women suck on cigarettes as a way to advertise a skill.

Posted by: Tisk Tisk (IP Logged)
Date: October 24, 2007 04:41PM

I'm a non-smoker (quit 18 years ago), but I totally disagree with this policy. Next they will be testing for high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid problems, HIV, sickle cell and maybe for women - fertility, because they may in the long run have to use health insurance to have a baby. Why don't they just drop every one from having health insurance because NOBODY has perfect health all their lives. Soon you won't be able to get a job after a certain age because you may cause the employer to pay higher premiums for coverage than a company where all employees are under 40.

Posted by: U R AN IDIOT peeterpuffer (IP Logged)
Date: October 24, 2007 05:09PM

"If I smoke in my car or house, how? If I smoke in a business that caters to smokers, how?"

Hey as$ wipe; can you control where the carcinogenic smoke goes?

"Fat people make ALL our health care costs rise & they are hurting others too..."

Does their 'fatness' rub-off on me and make me fat also?

"These nanny laws just go too far & idiots like you fundamentalist do-gooder non-smokers, vote for MORE legislation."

Well Moron deal with it because unless you are willing to lock yourself in a box so can kill yourself only with your cigarette smoke, your idiotic convictions are not going to kill me.

BTW; I will vote no on the 'stripper law'.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes