facebook twitter RSS

Discussion Groups: Stories

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Youngstown's mayor wins prestigious national award
Posted by: Vindy.com (IP Logged)
Date: November 10, 2007 10:00AM

Re: Youngstown's mayor wins prestigious national award
Posted by: a Boardman Resident (IP Logged)
Date: November 10, 2007 10:00AM

Wonderful news!! I think it is an honor to be recognized. Mayor Williams is trying. We need more people like him in this community. I'm tired of all the negativity on this website. Great Job Mayor Williams!! I think you are doing a fantastic Job!!

Posted by: The Difference Maker (IP Logged)
Date: November 10, 2007 10:34AM

Boardman res., i'm not trying to start nothing with you, but you have to remember, it WAS Jaybird WHO came in claiming he WAS going to clean up crime and make sweeping changes here. So far, we've seen no results, crime IS up, 30 murders now and counting, and all he does is get on tv, and in the print, and still nothing is being addressed.

The so-called powers that be refuse to listen to us, the media shuts us off in favor of soundbites from this mayor, and his bumbling chief, and we're supposed to be up in arms about this award? Yes, i think he's doing a fantastic job, a snow job! Boardman res., i hate to sound like a hater, but when these same thugs, punks, rogues, bike mules, invade your fair city, and believe me, they're making the move as i type this, don't say i didn't warn you.

These savages have already torn up this city, and they're looking for more. And remember, Mayor Jedd WANTS to bully your fair city into annexing with thugstown too!

Posted by: Anonymous (IP Logged)
Date: November 10, 2007 10:38AM

a Boardman Resident Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wonderful news!! I think it is an honor to be
> recognized. Mayor Williams is trying. We need
> more people like him in this community. I'm tired
> of all the negativity on this website. Great Job
> Mayor Williams!! I think you are doing a
> fantastic Job!!

Boardman Resident aka Youngstown South,

Your property value is dropping quickly. No one wants to move to Boardman because of Jay's annexation and JEDD threats. And because Youngstown refuses to control its crime it's moving South towards you. Look around -- tell me, how's Boardman look? How's that for an eye opener.

Posted by: Baby Foots Boles (IP Logged)
Date: November 10, 2007 03:49PM

Jay is showing that he is clueless...just like Butt munch George McKelvey

Posted by: Wood Street Refugee (IP Logged)
Date: November 10, 2007 05:57PM

If you read the article, the Kennedys are honoring hizzoner for what he said he was going to do, not what he has actually done. The Vindicator seems to be pointing out his youth and race, which pretty much everyone had already noticed (thanks for the barstool-level commentary, Vindy). But really, what is this award about? The other recipient at least supposedly helped 120,000 women in Iraq. Mayor Williams has helped out maybe 40 people from his church by giving them jobs. Everything else so far is talk. He really has to get moving, Youngstown 2010 is only two years and 2 months away!! Unless we are about to find that Youngstown 2010 is a lot like Youngstown 1980, 1990 and 2000, just with a different soundtrack. Since Jim Traficant will have paid his debt to society by then (July 17, 2009), and may have had time to establish residency, it is all very plausible.

Women for Women International
Posted by: Trish Tobin (IP Logged)
Date: January 10, 2008 02:42PM

Women for Women International’s work in the DR Congo will be featured this Sunday, January 13th on CBS News’ 60 Minutes. It’s scheduled for 7:00pm but you can check your local listings. Thank you for spreading the word and be sure to watch or record it and visit www.womenforwomen.org/congo for more info!

Re: Women for Women International
Posted by: SPAMMER (IP Logged)
Date: January 11, 2008 02:51PM

SPAMMMMER!!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes