Discussion Groups: Stories

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Detective sergeant to appeal suspension
Posted by: RickJude (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2007 01:26AM

I try to be educated on lots of subjects. I also try and stay on everyone's good side as much as possible, you get more information that way smiling smiley

I believe Det./Sgt. Guzzy moved out of the city before residency reqs and was grandfathered in as well as other officers, but don't quote me on that.

The officer who moved to Canal Fulton is getting a lot of flack because he moved out very shortly after residency was abolished by the state but still being fought in the courts.

The rumor around (and is not necessarily my opinion) is that he moved away as soon as possible to try and get the city to fire him so he could sue. Why else would you move such a great distance? Also, if there was any chance, even a slim one, that residency could be re-established, why make the investment of moving? I'd at least wait until it was out of the court system.

As for IA, Lt. Foley was in Vice before IA and not sure before that. The other 2 IA officers are D/S Jose Morales from Homicide and D/S Dave Lomax from Accident Investigations (?), both are pretty good guys. I really don't know where D/S Garcar came from or where she was/is assigned. She must have been staying off the radar. Well, at least mine, anyway.

Posted by: Joe Mucalux (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2007 05:19PM

I did find out that Foley did work with Guzzy and Garchar in something like a Community Based Police group. As for Lomax and Morales they are good guys.
What happened to the days of Dicky Lewis in IA

Posted by: Lawman (IP Logged)
Date: January 28, 2008 06:18PM

Can any con firm that D/S Garchar was questioned today by Capt. Beebop Kane in reference using a beat car to take her home for some personal business because she didn't want to lose her parking spot. I found this funny because she has a take home car. I think it is funny what she can get away with.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes