Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
WKBN-TV lays off at least 6 workers
Posted by: Vindy.com (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2007 05:29AM

Re: WKBN-TV lays off at least 6 workers
Posted by: knucles (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2007 05:29AM

How many more jobs must we loose before our elected officials get their act together. Our median salary for the Youngstown area is right around 20 - 25 Thousand dollars. Who can afford to live on that kind of an income. If we don't do anything to bring businesses back to the Youngstown area this number is going to continue to fall.

Posted by: davecoysucks (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2007 08:34AM

The decisions made at WKBN were based on getting rid of the professionals and leaving a bunch of recent college grads(low paid), ditzy flakes. I sure as hell don't want to hear the news coming from these unseasoned dips. GO TO HELL WKBN and the best of luck to the employees who were let go.

Posted by: KungFooKing (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2007 09:13AM

Was Chad Krispinski let go? How about silly John Paul?

Posted by: jp (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2007 09:19AM

john paul is awful! he always appears to be half asleep or drugged.his eyes are half shut.....heeeeee'sssss ddddrrrrriiiiiffffftttttiiiinnnnggggg oooooooffffffffffffffff

Posted by: me myself and i (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2007 10:29AM

What about Mr. Deep Throat Herb Tinsley? Sounds like one of the Village People

Posted by: Amazing (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2007 11:39AM

For the most part, KBN and WTV had (have) great newscasters. 21 is the station who can really cut back. Their peopple report stupid local news and (especially in the morning) repeat the same news and weather every 5 minutes. They may as well tape from 5 to 5:05 and just replay the whole show. And Bob Black needs to go - talk about John Paul looking half-dead - that guy is anal looking and speaks only in a monotone. I would imagine 21 pays people far less because the caliber of reporting never comes close to the other stations. Incidentally, for the writeer who claims jobs are being lost (again), it's called efficiency. You do NOT keep employees which are unneeded. No one is 'owed' a job. Technology along with automation can replace the human employee in many fields - that is called progress. Technology begets MORE jobs, not the other way around. If people are still bent on manufacturing, they are the losers. Seems like this area just refuses to accept growth and instead of seeking new ways to grow the area through education and innovation, the easiest answer is to lament the loss of manufacturing. Tough. That is not the way the rest of the country is growing. Be part of the change or shut up. Or move.

Posted by: Have to Agree (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2007 12:14PM

I have to agree with the above poster on all points. Especially the part about WFJM. Their people are just horrible. Especially the drips in the morning. Can't take them.

I often wonder why people around her act as though it's something personal when companies close. It's as though the companies are deliberately trying to destroy the area and the people in it.

This is the way of the world, folks. After the steel mill shut downs we should have learned that lesson. Jobs, and in some cases, INDUSTRIES shut down and move on.

People all over the country are losing and have lost jobs. It really isn't anything personal.

The newer people are just as good, if not better, than the older ones. I've never seen news people decay on the air, like the ones here. I loved Tom Holden as a newscaster, but the man decayed right before our eyes. It's time for fresh people in the media. Maybe they can change the media content.

Posted by: Journalism is dead (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2007 02:01PM

If you think you'll get better journalism at WKBN and WYTV now that cuts were made, well you better bend over because you'll be getting something.

Posted by: who me? (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2007 02:30PM

leave the morning crew scottS a spoild joke go back to cally for the others get out of y-town this is your time to get out of the box.you know what i mean

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
News
Opinion
Sports News
Entertainment News
Marketplace
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Submission Forms

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseContact
© Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503