Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Current Page: 1 of 27
Council reduces pay of officials
Posted by: Vindy.com (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2007 05:42AM

Re: Council reduces pay of officials
Posted by: marci (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2007 05:42AM

Not Political? What a joke these guys are, Mamula and his gang! I agree with Morell, "Enough is Enough, MOVE ON"...something this Mayor and Council didn't want to do with class! In a few more weeks, they won't be the council and Mamula won't be the Mayor,,,,that's the only GOOD thing.
And Sandine, based on his accomplishments, he should of NEVER got a paycheck or ate up city health insurance!

Posted by: early riser (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2007 05:58AM

THIS WOULDN'T EVEN BE FUNNY IF IT WERE A JOKE! WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE DOING TO THESE TWO? SANDINE?, LIKE HE HAS A RIGHT TO CUT SOMEONE'S PAY! GARCHAR? SINCE WHEN DOES HE TALK? THE LAWSUIT READS RIGHT, OH IT'S POLITICAL! AS A CITIZEN, I'M OUTRAGED! THEY JUST ONCE AGAIN, LOWERED THE STANDARDS IN THIS CITY, LIKE IT CAN GET ANY LOWER? THESE LOSERS REALLY NEED TO GET OUT! I HOPE THE PLAN TO NEVER RUN FOR POLITICS AGAIN IN THIS TOWN OR MAHONING COUNTY FOR THAT MATTER......CUZ THEY'LL LOSE AGAIN!
PATHETIC!

Posted by: Amazing (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2007 07:06AM

What bunch of losing, jealous low lifes! Amazing!

Posted by: Move On (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2007 07:15AM

I personally hope they win their lawsuit! I heard Sandine, Mamula, etc are using CITY ATTORNEYS.... the citizens are paying for their representation! What gives them the right to cut a political pay? Why didn't they EVER cut their own? What about their past performance? Oh that's right, THEY LOST! I wondered at first why Mamula lost, NOW I KNOW! His hatred for Tina Morell (and hate is such a strong word) ruined him! He's still at it, huh? What a bunch of losers!

That's right, MOVE ON JANUARY 1st! At least you two still get a pay!

Posted by: Mark Sandine (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2007 08:17AM

Please help me find a job! I'm bitter, very bitter. I wish I could cut more people's pay, it makes me feel better!

Posted by: You people are pathetic (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2007 08:45AM

Not one of you dares to post with your real name nad one of you is blatantly using the name of someone else. You people are pathetic.

Get lives already. Or perhaps your bosses will cut your pay for poor performance. That's assuming you evev have jobs. more than likely, you're parasites sucking at the government teat.

Posted by: Mark Sandine (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2007 10:05AM

You said "nad" hahahaha

Posted by: Struthers Resident (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2007 10:25AM

I would like to comment on this issue, because I have been a resident of Struters my entire life. I know both Terry Stocker and Dan Mamula well. I think that change is always good when it comes to politics, and I think Terry will do a great job at the City. On the other hand, I agree with Council's decision, because base salaries should be set for every position. As in any job in the "real world" individuals are paid a base salary and then based on performance wages are increased. It only makes sense. If a teacher moves to another District after so many years, the new District is only required to honor 5 yrs. of service. It might appear to be a political agenda, but in reality it make sense!

Also, can someone please inform me why the City has both a Treasurer and Auditor? I'm sure one handles payroll, payables, etc., but is it really necessary to have both positions. Most cities have Finance Director's that are appointed by the Mayor. I think this should be looked into to save the City money. I know the operations of the city can't be on that large of a scale!

I hope people settle this, because the people of Struthers are a proud community and have always stuck together during rough times!

Posted by: You're right (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2007 11:36AM

You are 100% correct on all points, but most of the people that are slinging mud at others do not know all the facts, nor do they care to be informed as to what the facts truly are. They care only about furthering their own personal agendas.

Struthers Resident Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would like to comment on this issue, because I
> have been a resident of Struters my entire life.
> I know both Terry Stocker and Dan Mamula well. I
> think that change is always good when it comes to
> politics, and I think Terry will do a great job at
> the City. On the other hand, I agree with
> Council's decision, because base salaries should
> be set for every position. As in any job in the
> "real world" individuals are paid a base salary
> and then based on performance wages are increased.
> It only makes sense. If a teacher moves to
> another District after so many years, the new
> District is only required to honor 5 yrs. of
> service. It might appear to be a political
> agenda, but in reality it make sense!
>
> Also, can someone please inform me why the City
> has both a Treasurer and Auditor? I'm sure one
> handles payroll, payables, etc., but is it really
> necessary to have both positions. Most cities
> have Finance Director's that are appointed by the
> Mayor. I think this should be looked into to save
> the City money. I know the operations of the city
> can't be on that large of a scale!
>
> I hope people settle this, because the people of
> Struthers are a proud community and have always
> stuck together during rough times!

Current Page: 1 of 27

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes