facebook twitter RSS

Discussion Groups: Stories

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Current Page: 14 of 16
Re: Family views death as lesson for others
Posted by: rest in peace (IP Logged)
Date: December 30, 2007 10:45PM

You can't keep your eyes glued to young adults (over 18) every second of the day or night. This was a very tragic accident. Let the girls family have some peace and let the girl rest in peace. God be with all young adults.

Posted by: Anon37 (IP Logged)
Date: December 31, 2007 09:15AM

To dummy up - it is so nice that you have a perfect son and you are the perfect parent. At least you think so. Unless you are with your son 24 hours a day, you cannot state what your child does or not do. My parents thought I was perfect and I sure acted like it around them. It is easy to put beer in a root beer bottle or vodka in a 7 up bottle. My parents would drop me off at one place and I would go to another place (where the party was). Does your child have a cell phone? Do you monitor that cell phone so you know who is calling and who he is calling? When he calls from his cell phone from where he is suppossed to be how do you know he is really there? Do you monitor your child's computer activities? I find alot that way. It is a good discussion starter - I tell my daughter what I like and what I don't and who she has to block.

You also cant blame her parents for the affair. If I recall correctly it was her dad that turned them in. Bad boys and the ones you cant have are the "prize".

My parents to this day think I was the perfect teenager. When you have an attached garage and the neighbors are watching the house, it is easy to sneak them in. I am a wise enough parent to teach my child what I want (no drinking, no drugs, no sex) but I am also wise enough to teach them what to do when they are in situations when there is drinking, drugs, guns and sex. I also make my opinions known to my kids - this is what I like and this is what I don't like.

I also take my kids to sunday school every week hoping that will help them stay on the straight and narrow.

Posted by: Big Brudda (IP Logged)
Date: December 31, 2007 09:30AM

> Does your child have a cell phone?
> Do you monitor that cell phone so
> you know who is calling and who he
> is calling?

My kids are on my family plan. First and foremost, until they give me a reason to NOT trust them, I do trust them. But if I'm curious as to who they call and who calls them, I only have to look at the bill. All calls in and out are listed there for my convenience.

All you can do is teach your kids right from wrong, teach them that behavior has consequences, teach them to think for themselves (I wish more people would teach their kids that last one!), and turn them loose.

Posted by: Hm (IP Logged)
Date: December 31, 2007 01:44PM

Big Brudda Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Does your child have a cell phone?
> > Do you monitor that cell phone so
> > you know who is calling and who he
> > is calling?
>
> My kids are on my family plan. First and foremost,
> until they give me a reason to NOT trust them, I
> do trust them. But if I'm curious as to who they
> call and who calls them, I only have to look at
> the bill. All calls in and out are listed there
> for my convenience.
>
> All you can do is teach your kids right from
> wrong, teach them that behavior has consequences,
> teach them to think for themselves (I wish more
> people would teach their kids that last one!), and
> turn them loose.

You're so right. I have one teenager and one that is going to be 21. I'm not stupid enough to believe that they won't try things, etc. - however, that being said, I also wouldn't have kids in my house all night without supervision. Sorry!

Posted by: supervision (IP Logged)
Date: January 02, 2008 01:47PM

>I also wouldn't have kids in my house all night without supervision. Sorry! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? The son and friend were over 20. Who supervises 18 and 20 year olds?

Posted by: Hm (IP Logged)
Date: January 03, 2008 12:38PM

supervision Wrote:
> >I also wouldn't have kids in my house all night
> without supervision. Sorry! WHAT ARE YOU
> TALKING ABOUT? The son and friend were over 20.
> Who supervises 18 and 20 year olds?

As I said, I have two kids - one that went to school with Danny - if they have someone in the house, I'm certainly not sleeping. If this were a sleepover, the situation would've been different - but then I'd be saying "go to bed - please, I need my sleep" but this was just a bunch of kids hanging out and slowly dwindled to the two boys.

Posted by: mooney money (IP Logged)
Date: January 03, 2008 03:48PM

I know this kid too. He was always a mean spirited kid in grade school when my kids went to school with him and an arrogant bully-type at Mooney who was not inclined to listen to advice or instruction. He knew it all and did WHAT he wanted to do WHEN he wanted to do it and nobody was going to TELL HIM how to act or be responsible.
He had a job with the county one summer and was let go because he wouldn't listen to instructions from the crew leader and continually damaged equipment by being rough on it and not taking care of it. Most of his co-workers (who are permanent and full-time workers) thought that he was a little jerk. You just knew that someday he would get into trouble with his attitude. Too bad the trouble would be the loss of another life.

Posted by: Honey (IP Logged)
Date: January 03, 2008 04:55PM

It is too bad. Its terrible we all know a kid headed for trouble when we see it, Yet so many times there is nothing we can do .

Posted by: mooney money (IP Logged)
Date: January 07, 2008 08:51AM

Danny Buccino seen partying over the weekend with his bbf's from high school.

Posted by: ? (IP Logged)
Date: January 07, 2008 10:25AM

mooney money Wrote:
> Danny Buccino seen partying over the weekend with
> his bbf's from high school.

what's a bbf?

Current Page: 14 of 16

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes