Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Indalex plant likely to close
Posted by: Vindy.com (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2007 04:34PM

Re: Indalex plant likely to close
Posted by: knucles (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2007 04:34PM

lets see here. hum we have another comapny considering leaving the Mahonign Valley we should be so proud to call Youngstown home. After furhter reasearch on Girard and Indalex I have discovered the this corperation was appor. 80 % of Girards funds for their annual budget. Again here we are with another community in the Mahoning Valley having all their eggs in one basket. WTG Youngstown and Surrounding Communities

Posted by: VerySad (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2007 04:45PM

This area is going further and further into a depression. With Amweld in Niles closing just recently and now Indelex....there will be no jobs left in this area soon. I feel sorry for the kids who will be graduating and looking for jobs they will more then likely have to leave the area.

Posted by: encourage/not discourage (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2007 08:25PM

to very sad you say the kids graduating will probably have to leave the valley. well, where will they go? best these kids stay right here & start their own businesses, instead of thinking that the grass is greener on the other side. good grief what a bunch of cry babies always wanting to start at the top & giving nothing back to the community. stop telling the kids to leave & help them to realize that they can turn this area around just like the people before them, they can do it too. encourage not discourage them to fight for their home town, to build it up again. i know they can do it & i hope you start believing in our young & letting them use the brain God gave them instead of the oposite.

Posted by: Really? (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2007 09:09PM

Start a business here? Who's left to purchase their goods or services when people are walking away from their homes because there is no one to purchase them. When long time deep rooted residents have to up-root and move to another area because their 20plus year job just let them go because they were closing up and moving to a more lucrative location other than NE Ohio???

When a 21year old kid can make $400 a night as a waiter/waitress in a resort community, which is more than some make around here in a weeks worth of work.

Start believing in your community? You're kidding, right?

Posted by: sure (IP Logged)
Date: December 20, 2007 07:22AM

> best these kids stay right here & start their own businesses...

...and get robbed six or seven times before some desperate dope-head caps them looking for money that just isn't in the till. Their family will at least get a nice insurance payout...if they could afford insurance. Oh well, at least the kidz can attend YCS for free. A great education in fighting, riot, dealing, hookin, and vandalism awaits!

Posted by: NilesResident1 (IP Logged)
Date: December 24, 2007 01:06PM

Our sports programs must remain strong to counter all this negativity in OUR community. I know that this area gets kicked in the groin alot. I pray our elected officials can do something.

Posted by: Fire Belly (IP Logged)
Date: December 24, 2007 01:45PM

You can "exist" or you can "live". Stay in the Valley if you choose and exist. Or leave and live.

Posted by: JoJo. (IP Logged)
Date: December 26, 2007 09:56AM

To Encourage/Not Discourage:

You really must be a moron! Do you think the regular hard working people around this area have money to just start up a business?? It takes a lot of money to start a business. Why don't you start one if it is so easy???

Posted by: Stay in the area? (IP Logged)
Date: December 26, 2007 10:21AM

When the mills started closing in the 70's our whole family vowed to stick it out. I finished at YSU and was making average money in the area. My Dad lost his job in the mill and went to work at a manufacturing facility in Warren which closed its doors in six months. He moved on to another facility Which also closed its doors and left the area. Finally, we went to another facility where his first paycheck bounce. My parents sold their home and left the area in 1988 and prospered. I left in 1987 and did the same. I had the same dream that the area would turn around however if I had stayed up there I would have wasted another twenty years of my life waiting for the turnaround that never came. I hope the place turns around up there as there are plenty of good people up there who we grew up with. However, with a downsized GM and Delphi workforce and the loss of manufacturing jobs continuing, I feel it will continue to get worse.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes