Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Campbell voters reject sale of water plant
Posted by: Vindy.com (IP Logged)
Date: November 10, 2006 10:53AM

Re: Campbell voters reject sale of water plant
Posted by: Thank God I moved out of Campbell (IP Logged)
Date: November 10, 2006 10:53AM

The people in Campbell just DON'T get it!!! Sure you'd like to keep your water plant, police dept., fire dept., but how the HELL do you people plan on paying for it!! Your city is broke!! It can't afford to make payroll! Then you turn around and vote down the tax increase. Do you have a money tree growing somewhere in Roosevelt Park???!!!What a joke! Wake up CAMPBELL!!

Posted by: Grew up there (IP Logged)
Date: November 10, 2006 04:22PM

I lived there for 27 years and remember the hey dey of the city. My graduating class was almost 300 students and now it's under 100. The city was always corrupt but they were never broke as the mills kept bringing in the tax money. Roosevelt Park was nice, the tennis courts were maintained, the basketball courts were full of kids playing, etc. I remember going to see Campbell play in the SVC and see standing room only crowds. I went back to visit last year and couldn't believe the condition of the roads and some of the homes. I guess the financial situation is even worse.

Posted by: snarky (IP Logged)
Date: November 10, 2006 05:07PM

Sorry "Grew up There", that was a looong time ago. The whole area is blighted. I grew up on the South Side, but you couldn't pay me to walk down the street today that I used to ride bikes on as a kid.

Posted by: Grew up there (IP Logged)
Date: November 10, 2006 09:08PM

You are right about that. Even after the mills closed Campbell was down but not out as they still had Cold Metal Products and Calex. CMP is gone and Calex is a skeleton of its former self thus there is no tax revenue.

Posted by: Interesting (IP Logged)
Date: November 11, 2006 12:11PM

Here is what I saw at the polls: Two of the issues were totally 'reworded' from all 3 sampole ballots I'd received. If a voter was even very prepared going in, it would have been easy to see that what would have been a 'negative/against' was rephrased such that the vote actually required a 'for' for passage. If sample ballots are mailed, they should contain wording consistent with the actual statement(s) on the machines. I caught the ambiguities and so did my husband. I'd be willing to be that many others did not. Shame on the prople mailing the sample forms.

Posted by: Rick (IP Logged)
Date: November 12, 2006 11:20PM

Yes Interesting! I voted in Campbell and noticed the same discrepancies...

Hard to explain, but I don't like being confused at the voting booth. I read up on the material and was quite prepared going in, but was still not sure what I was voting for due to the ambiguities.

What a shame.. Just think it the politicians in Campbell put as much time doing their job they were elected for rather than spend an inordinate amount of time writing the issues in order to confuse the voters... they would get things done.

I'd like to see the city council members vote to get rid of their wards (too much government) so we wouldn't have to pay them. They are too quick to get rid of the cops... I say get rid of the damn politicians first!!! What a joke!

Selling the water department was just a quick fix so that Mayor Dill would look like he actually did something in his tenure in office. What a joke! He will be seen in history as adding to the problems as he focuses efforts in poor quick fix deals.

Posted by: The Facts! (IP Logged)
Date: November 13, 2006 01:01AM

Excuse me, but how could you blame Mayor Dill for the shape the city is in??!! PLEASE!!! The town is empty! There are nooooo businesses, all the decent people have moved out and all the Youngstowners are moving in. The schools SUCK too!! Campbell can't survive, face the facts. You need to just become East Youngstown again!!!!!

Posted by: I agree (IP Logged)
Date: November 13, 2006 10:13AM

How can you blame the Mayor for the shape the city is in?? There is NOOOOOOOOOO TAX REVENUE!!!!!! I've always thought that Mayor Dill did a great job for what he had to work with (which isn't mich). For God sakes, he shovels the snow down at City Hall because they had to lay off their only custodian!! The way I look at it, he's doin the City a favor!!! Who would want the headaches that come from running a "bust out" city!! Oh, maybe that idiot, hillbilly Juanita Rich women might!!!!!She makes it sound like she's got a magic wand or somethin!!

Posted by: VF (IP Logged)
Date: November 13, 2006 11:09AM

"Rick", I think we should elect PuddyLips as Mayor, cuz he knows lipservice

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
News
Opinion
Sports News
Entertainment News
Marketplace
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Submission Forms

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseContact
© Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503