Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
Experts: Ban on spanking a waste
Posted by: Vindy.com (IP Logged)
Date: February 05, 2007 11:53AM

Re: Experts: Ban on spanking a waste
Posted by: denny houston texas (IP Logged)
Date: February 05, 2007 11:53AM

the goverment needs to keep their noses out of private peoples houses, and clean up the trash in their own back yards, before they worry about whats going on in my house, had corporal punishment not been banned years ago, the kids' attitude today, would be different, my dad could'nt be called a child abuser because he put that strap on our asses, we knew that when we acted up, an ass spanking was soon to follow, therefore we knew not to do bad things, and we knew what time it was when we did, and all 4 of us grew up into productive adults, because of our upbringing, we was'nt beat on for acting up, the old man never in his life cracked any of us upside the head, you got the strap,and deserved it when you got it, bringing home bad grades was'nt enough, to get the strap you egg the neighbors' house,that was a different story not only did you wash it off, the strap followed, because that was deserved, these lawmakers really need to mind their own business, and stop passing these laws that are a waste of peoples time and taxpayer money, to put it before the house cost money in manhours, stop wasting MY money and our time, and stay out of my house,we know whats abuse, abuse is when kids have bruises all over their bodies, an ass spanking never hurt anyone, the government has no right dictating nothing to no-one and how we raise our kids is private business, the government oversteps their bounds, when they peek in my windows, to see what i'm watching om television, it's none of their business this country was written to have democracy, not hypocracy, and the people in office steal,lie,cheat, one lies and the other swears to it, maybe their parents should've put the strap on their asses, and taught them not to steal taxpayer money, before you dra my personal life and affairs out in public, worry about your own household, worry about your own kids don't dictate to me what i can do in my home, and how to raise my family

Posted by: FJ ZARLENGA (IP Logged)
Date: February 05, 2007 02:11PM

Fear works. Fear of a spanking,fear of your father,fear of authority. My opinion has to do with 5 brothers and sisters who turned out pretty dam good. Our dad was quick with the strap and always said the same thing "This is for your own good". He also said ,often, "This will hurt me worse the you". How that I am older,with my own children I do understand.

I have a question and an answer.
What did this country start to build ,in every state, after the draft ended.

PRISONS.

So all mothers who insist on protecting there babies are not protecting them at all. This is not for the childs own good. It is for the mothers protective nature. I noticed that a number of attorneys, judges and high profile types have been sent to jail in the Youngstown area and I wondered how many were in the military. Funny thing NONE were in the service.

Do gooders have hurt this country and will continue until the United States is one page in the history books.

Try and have a nice day,
FJZ

Posted by: jeanne (IP Logged)
Date: February 05, 2007 02:35PM

SPARE NOT THE ROD.....

The government did not give birth to everyone else's children. That's why a lot of these damn kids talk back, go and come as they please.They say what they want to their parents. The parents are not allowed to hit them, but they jump on the parent. They steal, sell drugs, burglarize people's homes, rape, stand on the street corner and do whatever they want to do and you stupid parents that don't disipline your children can't even see the forset for the trees. They will throw you in jail if you do the right thing by whipping their asses , but you abide by that rule and you get ruled out by your kids and then they don't listen to you and they go out here and commit a crime,and the very guys that throws you in jail will throw your kid in jail for his/her crime. Think about it. All of my childen are grown but there was never no way in hell that i could go through all that damn pain for a child and give birth and let them grow up to boss me and then run and report me to the damn police cause i whipped their damn ass to teach them right from wrong. that's @#$%&.

Posted by: Divorced Mom (IP Logged)
Date: February 05, 2007 06:05PM

This is more true for divorced parents. I work full time, three days from noon until 9 pm and two days from 9 am until 5 pm. I am raising three boys and a daughter on my own. Their father, a piolot, has not been involved in their lives for the past two years. I went thru a nasty divorce where my ex, who doesn't even visit the kids, faught me for custody and used his money and false accusations to children services to fight me. Children services represented me as a witness on my behalf throughout my divorce.

I since moved to another county and since my two oldest boys have learned about children services, they have used these services against me.

Children services was called on me because I went to spank my 9 year son with a belt, he squirmed to prevent me from coming in contact with his behind, and I accidently hit his arm. Needless to say, children services said I am not allowed to use anything other than my hand to punish me kids and I MUST hit their behinds.

My two oldest boys are 14 and 9, both have ADHD and both act out. How is a female parent suppose to punish their children? Sorry, I've tried grounding from game systems, the computer, friends and phone...this doesn't work for me.

Posted by: Alisa A. (IP Logged)
Date: February 06, 2007 10:36AM

Why am I not surprised this round of "how to raise your kid" started in California?

What is so surprising to me is that only one state has a moratorium on the death penalty right now. The government reserves the right to use capital punishment and kill people whose parents didn't whip their asses to help teach them right from wrong and keep them out of the system. But we can't use corporal punishment to keep them in line so that they never end up in the system to begin with? Who is making these stupid assed rules?

I see so many kids in need of an ass whipping every day. Kids cursing at their parents, kids hitting their parents, kids talking back and defying their parents. It's okay for the kids to hit the parent, but not okay for the parent to discipline the kid. No kid will ever treat me like that. I have two who are 14 and 16.

One of my kids decided when was 12 that he was not going to take whippings anymore. He called children services on me. I let him and packed everything he owned.

When they got there I pointed to his stuff and asked where I needed to sign. The caseworker was shocked and told me I just couldn't give my kid away. I told her that when he was disobedient and disruptive he was going to be punished. I told her I was not going to be bullied or threatened by them or him when I needed to discipline him. I'm not going to have a government agency in and out of my house because he does not want to obey.

She told him to behave and left. I love my kids but I wanted him and them to understand the bottom line. Obey and behave or be disciplined. Be disciplined or leave. That's about it for me. My son was shocked and has never tried that again. If we can't raise them the way our parents raised us, I say let the government take them. That's where they're going to end up anyway if they're not raised properly.

Posted by: Way to Go (IP Logged)
Date: February 06, 2007 03:23PM

Alisa,
You are such a good example. I can't tell you how much I admire what you did. I too have seen many examples of spoiled brats in public and have been disgusted by them and the spineless parents who take this behavior. Once a little boy (about 4-5 years old) wanted a gumball from a machine while waiting for a take out order in a restaurant. The father who did not have change had to say no. This little demon actually hit his father in a rage because of it. Needless to say, the father took it and no punishment ensued. The really sad part is that one of the other people standing nearby actually witnessed this and handed over change so the little tyrant got his way. This was a few years ago, so right about now he should be a a problem for the school system and well on his way to the criminal justice system.

How much better served he would have been to have you for a parent. Keep up the good work and share your experience with everyone you can. You made my day.

Posted by: anonymous (IP Logged)
Date: February 06, 2007 03:43PM

Dear Stupid Jeanne:

I wasn't raised being hit at all. Turned out fine. Neither were my 3 siblings. The majority of the people I have encountered in my lifetime that were "hit"when children, are the ones who have had problems such as drugs, alcohol, abuse, emotional problems, marital problems, etc. Isn't it interesting that the ones who were hit, are the ones who have all the problems? I was raised by parents who I respected. My father was loud, and that was all it took. If I were to get into trouble I would be more worried about hurting or embarassing my parents, than being struck or punished.

Oh, and you might want to study your Bible a little bit. Your "spare the rod" comment does not have ANYTHING to do with hitting or not hitting your children. It was used in reference to guiding the sheep by the shepherd. The shepherd used a "rod" to direct the sheep. The statement simply means "guide your children, or they will stray". I cannot stand this misinterpretation by fools like yourself!!

Date: February 06, 2007 04:08PM

Way to go, thanks for the show of support. Us adults and parents are going to have to stand together if we want to take back control from unruly kids.

Date: February 06, 2007 04:17PM

Anonymous,

By the way you are disrespecting this person for no reason at all, other than you disagree, shows that you turned out anything but 'fine'. You are very rude.

The person who referenced the Bible is correct. The passages are:

"He who spareth the rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him correcteth him betimes" (Proverbs 13:24) and "Withhold not correction from a child: for if thou strike him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and deliver his soul from hell." (Proverbs 23:13-14)

These passages have nothing to do with sheep. The Bible says a parent that does not correct their child actually HATES him or her. Letting people grow up to do whatever they please is not love in God's eyes.

anonymous Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dear Stupid Jeanne:
>
> I wasn't raised being hit at all. Turned out fine.
> Neither were my 3 siblings. The majority of the
> people I have encountered in my lifetime that were
> "hit"when children, are the ones who have had
> problems such as drugs, alcohol, abuse, emotional
> problems, marital problems, etc. Isn't it
> interesting that the ones who were hit, are the
> ones who have all the problems? I was raised by
> parents who I respected. My father was loud, and
> that was all it took. If I were to get into
> trouble I would be more worried about hurting or
> embarassing my parents, than being struck or
> punished.
>
> Oh, and you might want to study your Bible a
> little bit. Your "spare the rod" comment does not
> have ANYTHING to do with hitting or not hitting
> your children. It was used in reference to guiding
> the sheep by the shepherd. The shepherd used a
> "rod" to direct the sheep. The statement simply
> means "guide your children, or they will stray". I
> cannot stand this misinterpretation by fools like
> yourself!!

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes