Discussion Groups: Stories

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: Experts: Ban on spanking a waste
Posted by: anonymous (IP Logged)
Date: February 16, 2007 11:25AM

I think there are more than 1 anonymouses (is that a word?) on these threads. I also think there are a few on this thread that share the same feelings,jobs, and experiences as I when it comes to spanking or hitting children. I am the one who says if you hit ANYONE, you are a bully. Sorry if you don't agree with me. Moving on....

I have worked at Children Services Board in Akron, Ohio. I have worked at Akron Juvenile Detention Center. I have worked in Massachusetts as a Caseworker. I have worked at a place for runaway and teenage girls in Ohio as well. I KNOW I have a lot of experience. I don't have to prove myself to anyone here, that is for sure. I no longer work at these places, not because I was fired or let go, but because the pay was too low and the positions don't offer any opportunity for advancement.

If I am argumentative, it is because I am passionate about the subject. I don't feel it is necessary or mature at ANY time to hit a child. I believe hitting leads to hitting. So, there ya have it. Go put THAT on your open hand & smoke it!

Posted by: Sharon (IP Logged)
Date: February 17, 2007 11:13PM

Again I ask, where do you work now??? You claim to be in charge of some sort of counseling agency. Obviously you don't live and work in Akron or you wouldn't be on the Vindy.

Date: February 19, 2007 09:08AM

Sharon, why do you care so much where i work. get a life.

Date: February 21, 2007 04:12PM

Um, to the other anonymous...I think Sharon was responding to my email above hers...

Sharon-Why do you care so much where I work, get a life!

I agree with that part though..

I am not the head of any counseling agency now. I don't recall saying that. I don't think you need any further info on what I am doing today. I think I have covered enough to warrant experience.

Posted by: BrothaLove (IP Logged)
Date: February 21, 2007 04:48PM

Most of you are missing the point. What one chooses to do with their own children is fine, just keep your pointed nose out of my household, my business and how I choose to raise children.

Parenting is a thing of choice and most people tend to follow the same parenting examples shown to them when they were children. I was given many spankings as a child and now that I am an adult, I thank God my mother cared enough to set me straight with a belt or sturdy switch. I do not have children of my own at this time, but should I have them in the future I will lay belt to bottom when needed. Anything else, in my opinion, is falling short in my job as a parent.

Hopefully that child would be as grateful for his/her spankings in the future as I am for the spankings I received in the past.

signed
BrothaLove

Posted by: miss mom (IP Logged)
Date: February 21, 2007 07:23PM

brothaLove, quit showing off your ignorance. Or are you being sacastic? No one is missing the point but you. Hitting is wrong. There are other forms of punishment that are non- violent. I was never hit as a child. I was with held of privledges when I disobeyed my parents and my parents also used positive reinforcement for a job well done. Some parents just take the quick and easy way out and start hitting to get their kids to get their point across. Thank God my Mom had patience with us kids. All four of us are caring, passionate people with successful jobs.

p.s Anna Nicole hated her mom for spanking her and look how she turned out.

Posted by: Captain Crunch (IP Logged)
Date: February 21, 2007 08:52PM

Miss Mom, quit showing off your ignorance. BrothaLove was saying what the experts in the story (which you probably didnt read) said: EXPERTS SAY SPANKING BAN A WASTE. I put that in caps so you could read it down your nose from your high horse.

P.S.
If your example for an argument against spanking is Anna Nicole, how about this one:

Britney Spears mother DIDNT spank her and look how she turned out

See, your argument is ridiculous.

Posted by: Loving Mother (IP Logged)
Date: February 21, 2007 11:49PM

Miss So-Called Professional Counselor:

Obviously you have deep pain, maybe you were neglected as a child. Your mother probably got tired of repeating herself, so she gave up. Why else would you continue posting here? You stated your opinion....again, go away.

I love my children. They know that if they cross the line, they take a chance of a "spanking." A spanking does not necessarily hurt their behinds as much as it does their feelings. You truly need to separate the difference between a spanking and a beating. Please move on. Post your own site on beating and abusing if you must, but you are missing the point here.

You behavior is disturbing, especially since you are supposibly of adult age. You act like a child throwing a temper tantrum. I can see how counseling was too stressful for you. I'm glad you left the field. I hope your new career decision does not involve working with people, because you suck!

Date: February 22, 2007 10:17AM

So I hit a nerve. Now you admit emotional abusing your children by deliberately hurting their feelings. You're such a monster. Call ANY psych professor at YSU and they'll find out that I'm right. They have taught that spanking is absolutely wrong.

Posted by: educated (IP Logged)
Date: February 22, 2007 10:37AM

Ask anyone with a formal education in the field of children what their view is on spnaking, such as your doctor, guidence couselor, psychotherapist etc., they will tell you "NO SPANKING". I can gives names to back this up. It's not simply my experience or opinion. It is long term clinical studies and research.

So stop trying to justify your guilt and make a new start today and stop spanking your child.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes