Discussion Groups: Stories

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Experts: Ban on spanking a waste
Posted by: anonymous (IP Logged)
Date: February 23, 2007 08:49AM

Well Brotha love, I guess a switch really does work for the blacks. That's why there's no violence in Youngstown. For real now, do you think black folk in Youngstown are appying reasoning skills and tecahing right from wrong when correcting their children, OR USING A SWITCH ON THEM.

Posted by: missy f (IP Logged)
Date: February 23, 2007 09:15AM

I have a degree in the field and don't even like to use the word "spanking." So my younger child gets "love taps" and my older kids get "additude ajustments."

Posted by: ANONYMOUS ONE.... (IP Logged)
Date: February 23, 2007 11:24AM

I wish the other anonymous would stop responding to what Loving Mother writes when she is obviously directing it towards me. So, I am adding a "ONE" to my moniker to avoid further confusion.

I am the one who worked with CSB, with Juvenile Delinquents, etc. (just to clarify).

Loving Mother seems to think that hitting her children is acceptable. She also loves to say silly things like she hopes I am not working with people anymore b/c I suck. Lady, I cannot IMAGINE how you would handle a real job! Does your hubby work while you stay at home being this LOVING MOTHER? Volunteer at a shelter, volunteer to work with abused kids, hang out with some abusers.

Hitting is wrong-short and sweet.
The majority of our inner city probls are with a certain race. The number one race that believes in hitting their kids with belts, switches, broom handles, etc. are this same race. BrothaLove, this would be YOUR race. Sorry, but facts are facts.

The majority of the sexual abuse of children is going on in the White Families, and the majority of the Physical Abuse is going on in the Black Families. One way or the other, its time for people to stop thinking its okay to HURT THEIR KIDS!!

Posted by: Loving Mother (IP Logged)
Date: February 24, 2007 09:59PM

Again you are off the subject. Why are you talking about physical or sexual abuse, topic is "spanking." Do you have children of your own? I notice you state you work with CSB, not for CSB.

And another point, children are not neccessarily bad because of their parents or how they are raised. Children spend more time with their peers than anyone. Peers carry a high influence over one another.

Posted by: ANONYMOUS ONE (IP Logged)
Date: February 26, 2007 02:39PM

Loving Mother. I said "who worked with CSB". Children Services Board. I USED to work with them, for them, at their location, whatever!...why is that so confusing to you?

As far as being off the subject,did you think you and I were the only two on here discussing things? Its a discussion. With adults. Perhaps you would be better off on myspace with the teens.

Posted by: proud mom! (IP Logged)
Date: January 21, 2008 07:15PM

i don't believe in hitting a child either, but i did believe in spanking my little ones after a certain age when necessary. i am happy to say that it was a rarity, because i had the best kids in the whole wide world. i could have raised a dozen kids like them with very little effort. they were a real joy & turned into loving fathers & husbands. i wouldn't trade them for a million dollars.i lead by example and didn't treat them like little adults. i knew they were children and would make mistakes, so i just let them be kids.

Posted by: What saith the Law? (IP Logged)
Date: January 22, 2008 03:59PM

anonymous Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> People who hit their kids are nothing but bullies,
> short and sweet. Bullies.
>
> I have worked in the system, so I would have to
> say I am quite educated on the subject, "Divorced
> Mom". Have YOU investigated child abuse? Have YOU
> worked with runaway and abused teenagers? Have you
> worked in juvenile detention facilities? Well,
> guess what? I have. And I have seen what good
> HITTING has done for children. A small pat on the
> butt of a 2 yr heading out into traffic is NOT
> what I am talking about. But, if you are going to
> try to convince me that hitting a child with a
> fist, a weapon (yes, a belt IS a weapon), a slap
> across the face, or on a bare behind is okay, you
> are dead wrong! You are an ABUSER!!!
>
> I don't think there was 1 child in the juvenile
> system that was NOT hit. Interestingly enough,
> kids who are hit, HIT!

This issue has already been adjudicated by the Ohio Supreme Court. They ruled that a parent that slapped their 15 year old daughter who told them to go F@*& themself, was simply administering parental dicipline. The guidelines that the Justices established are:

1) was there an attempt to cause a serious physical injury?
2) did they accidentally cause a serious physical injury?

If one of those two criteria are not met then physical punishment is simply a parental right. Case closed.

Posted by: Spare the rod... (IP Logged)
Date: January 26, 2008 06:28PM

anonymous Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well Brotha love, I guess a switch really does
> work for the blacks. That's why there's no
> violence in Youngstown. For real now, do you
> think black folk in Youngstown are appying
> reasoning skills and tecahing right from wrong
> when correcting their children, OR USING A SWITCH
> ON THEM.

The increase in lawlessness in the black community strangely coincides with our adoption of caucasian child-rearing techniques. Putting kids in time out and sending them to bed without supper has helped produce the mess we're in now. ADHD my ass. what we have is AWDD, Ass Whuppin Deficit Disorder. The (IN) justice system will not hesitate to beat these young men once they get their hands on them. Better to have punishment administered by someone who actually cares about the kids. You don't.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes