Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Current Page: 1 of 19
Dr. Dew fired over sexual battery charge
Posted by: Vindy.com (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2007 04:07AM

Re: Dr. Dew fired over sexual battery charge
Posted by: k.m. (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2007 04:07AM

If there wasn't a case 17 years ago how could there be one now??
Do you remember what you did 17 years ago??

Posted by: anonymous (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2007 11:13AM

With the exception of murder, what the hell ever happened to the Statute of Limitations? Does it no longer apply to anything. I hope it does because I once shop-lifted a candy bar when I was a juvenile about 55 years ago. I might get charged with petty theft. All these changes in the laws are starting to worry some of us. Just wondering what the barristers would have to say about this............

Posted by: Dr. Painless (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2007 01:34PM

Dr. Masternick,

Ever hear of "innocent until proven guilty" or "falsely accused?" I could understand suspending Dr. Dew. until this matter is adjudicated. But summary dismissal for an unproven allegation which ostensibly occurred 16-17 YEARS ago? Have there been ANY such accusations in these intervening 16 years? Sexual predators aren’t known for committing this crime only once. In the two years he has practiced with you have you had any similar accusations? If he isn't found guilty, he most assuredly will sue, win, and he will own Physicians Diagnostic & Rehabilitation Center. Then, you can work for him. Talk about a hostile work environment….

Bill Crawford

Posted by: figaro (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2007 03:05PM

I agree with Dr Painless: How can Dr Dew be fired on suspicion alone? In Friday's Vindicator article, there was mentioned an accusation last October, in which Dr Dew gave a statement and that was all. Now 17 years later they are charging him with sexual battery. The statute of limitations extends 20 years after the accusers 18th birthday. The woman is now 32 years old. I hope this is quickly decided and Dr Dew can get on with his life.

Posted by: Sam Mirto (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2007 05:00PM

I use to be a gymnast at the Youngstown Gymnastics Center when Greg Dew coached there. I cant believe that our legal system let this go this far. As for Dr. Masternick, My mother and father use to take me to him for treatment and I cant believe he has treated Greg like this when no one really knows what happened. These girls that hold on to this kind of CRAP when they probably did it on their on will need to get on with their life. I would really like to know who this girl was because I probably competed with her, and let this kind of rummor ruin her life too... Best of luck to you Greg Dew and god be with you Dr. Masternick and this GIRL...

Posted by: law student (IP Logged)
Date: March 22, 2007 02:23PM

figaro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree with Dr Painless: How can Dr Dew be fired
> on suspicion alone? In Friday's Vindicator
> article, there was mentioned an accusation last
> October, in which Dr Dew gave a statement and that
> was all. Now 17 years later they are charging him
> with sexual battery. The statute of limitations
> extends 20 years after the accusers 18th birthday.
> The woman is now 32 years old. I hope this is
> quickly decided and Dr Dew can get on with his
> life.

There is no statute of limiations on a felony charge - look it up. If she charged him 10 years from now - he could still be charged and convicted. However, in this great land, we are innocent until proven guilty - so he's not guilty - just charged.

Posted by: Anonymous (IP Logged)
Date: March 22, 2007 11:02PM

Dr. Dew's right to privacy was violated under Ohio Revised Code Section 2907.11 which specifically states that the information surrounding the case must be suppressed if requested by either the alleged victim or alleged offender. The fact that the Boardman Police Department provided this information to the public before any hearing is a criminal act against Dr. Dew performed by the Boardman law enforcement agencies. I hope he sues the Boardman law enforcement agencies over this! Why hasn't the alleged victim's name made the headlines? She has rights that Dr. Dew doesn't? Is that equal treatment under the law?

Did the Boardman police resurrect this alleged crime and illegally release the information to take the spotlight away from their own officers, Stephen Kendall and Ken Kasiewicz?

How did Boardman law enforcement agencies get this woman to come forward after 17 years? Did they convince her that Dr. Dew was some kind of Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde or some kind of boogeyman? Did they falsely represent him as being "guilty" of something? Anyone who Knows Dr. Dew knows better than that. Hopefully this woman will come to her senses and drop the complaint. I wonder how she is going to feel when her name makes the headlines for her involvement in this case!

Dr. Masternik... I hope you end up shining Dr. Dew's shoes for a living... a moronic statement from a supposedly educated man!

Posted by: unknown (IP Logged)
Date: March 22, 2007 11:13PM

As a patient of dr dews I am now alot healthier,because of the adjustments he has given me. You have helped me and many other patients. you are incredible talented in what you do. We need you back as our Doctor. Youll make it through this, have courage and be strong! You have alot of friends that support you.

Posted by: concerned (IP Logged)
Date: March 22, 2007 11:57PM

I am also a patient of Dr. Dew's and am wondering how many, if any, other women came forth with any other complaints of inappropriate touching!
Very interested.

Current Page: 1 of 19

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes