facebook twitter RSS

Discussion Groups: Stories

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Buyer visualizes performing-arts center in long-neglected historical building
Posted by: I know the Truth (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2007 07:22AM

Why stop just there! Mr. Warshauer was also popular with the uptown theatre, as well as the zoe, as well as a bartonville building, as well as another building in aurora. All in Illinois. He may be a good mystery writer. But what type of restoration has he done?

Re: Buyer visualizes performing-arts center in long-neglected historical building
Posted by: city resident (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2007 10:10AM

But, isn't this the first building his company--Grande Venues--has bought themselves? I was under the impression that they were just consultants for all the other work they're associated with. (I'm more than willing to admit that I'm wrong, though)

The fact that they actually own the building gives them a little bit more credibility in my eyes.

Posted by: bob (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2007 09:14PM

Anonymous Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I googled "Paul Warshauer" and found some very
> disturbing info. This guy has been involved in
> several theater renovations that turned into court
> cases. He has had problems with the Lawford
> Theater, the Portage Theater and the Wheaton
> Theater (all in Illinois.) This guy seems to be a
> great salesman, highly enthusiastic, generates
> lots of noise and excitement when he starts out,
> but then stuff starts to go south...Y-town might
> not want to get its hopes up too high.

Posted by: bob (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2007 09:19PM

We have heard Mr Warshauer has moved on to yet another new project and is now working on the Masonic Temple in Grand Island Nebraska. What ever happened to Mike Novelli he is no longer listed on the GVI web site? What is happening with the Paramount Theater we have heard there isn't any money to start the project and that the investors and GVI have no capitol to start the project? How are those TIF'S working out for you Paul?

Posted by: Annonymous (IP Logged)
Date: June 27, 2007 01:15PM

To add to the list of swindling that Paul has done, check out the story of a small business owner in Grand Island, NE (where paul spends two weeks of each month). Paul helped the guy's business partner after he embessled an obscene amount of money from the business. He kept going back and forth between the business owner and the partner who embessled the money, acting as though he was helping both out of the mess, then after he got the embesslor off scot free, sided with the embesslor and is now helping him to open another business. The embesslor not only swindled this guy, but has done it several times in the past. If I were you, I'd forgo Paul's help and save my money, time, and aggrivation.

Anonymous Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I googled "Paul Warshauer" and found some very
> disturbing info. This guy has been involved in
> several theater renovations that turned into court
> cases. He has had problems with the Lawford
> Theater, the Portage Theater and the Wheaton
> Theater (all in Illinois.) This guy seems to be a
> great salesman, highly enthusiastic, generates
> lots of noise and excitement when he starts out,
> but then stuff starts to go south...Y-town might
> not want to get its hopes up too high.

Posted by: I know the Truth (IP Logged)
Date: December 26, 2007 11:49PM

The term buyer beware should apply to all those poor trusting people who believe in Paul Warshauer. He tried to swindle the IRS. He uses the line my people know all the right doors to go through.I heard that prior to picking up a sizable check in Bartonville. The City Council was tipped off and warned not to do business with Paul. Not getting his check stopped the Bartonville project. If this man does not get his way. He often threatens to sue people. So all my friends be careful be really careful.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes