Discussion Groups: Stories

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Buyer visualizes performing-arts center in long-neglected historical building
Posted by: Vindy.com (IP Logged)
Date: May 03, 2006 03:12PM

Re: Buyer visualizes performing-arts center in long-neglected historical building
Posted by: Anonymous (IP Logged)
Date: May 03, 2006 03:12PM

I googled "Paul Warshauer" and found some very disturbing info. This guy has been involved in several theater renovations that turned into court cases. He has had problems with the Lawford Theater, the Portage Theater and the Wheaton Theater (all in Illinois.) This guy seems to be a great salesman, highly enthusiastic, generates lots of noise and excitement when he starts out, but then stuff starts to go south...Y-town might not want to get its hopes up too high.

Re: Buyer visualizes performing-arts center in long-neglected historical building
Date: May 13, 2006 01:07AM

Watch your back, Youngstown. And check out past court records from Chicago, Klamath Oregon, and California, all public info.

Date: June 18, 2006 10:39PM

Do your homework Youngstown. There is plenty of info out there on this character Warshauer. Ask him to give you the name address and phone number of one theatre that he has restored or is even still working with. The ones listed on his grande venues web site ran him out of town a long time ago.

Date: June 20, 2006 02:03PM

If only he can get the Paramount to a condition where it can be opened again. After that, the building will be easier for the next person to reuse, and will be saved from the wrecking ball for a little longer, even if he does get run out of town.

Date: June 20, 2006 03:56PM

I agree with the above. Lets focus on getting this building into a serviceable structure and go from there. If Mr. Warshauer has problems, lets allow him to get the building started and we'll go from there. I'm certain the honorable Mayor Williams will do diligence on this project, his interests are the same as ours. Lets just not allow another historical landmark go to waste.

Posted by: Gary Buttar (IP Logged)
Date: June 20, 2006 08:09PM

Add me to the list of people who hope the Paramount is at least able to be restored to a usable building. If that is possible, it will be much easier to find a person or company willing to take a chance and open the building. The West End of Downtown is becoming the Arts/Entertainment section, and restoring this once grand building wil just add to the rebirth of that part of Downtown.

Posted by: Anonymous2 (IP Logged)
Date: July 16, 2006 02:11PM

Trust Paul W. Warshauer.

Do business with Paul W. Warshauer.

Give Paul W. Warshauer your money.

Spend your time and energy and exhaust your aspirations with Paul W. Warshauer.

Or don't do any of these things and be glad that you chose wisely.

Your choice. After all this is America.

Posted by: Jaime Hughes (IP Logged)
Date: March 09, 2007 09:04AM

Greetings everyone.

I'm co-owner of Patrons of Youngstown Arts, as you may or may not know, we have been talking to Mr. Warshauer, we saved the State Theater Facade and will be moving on to support theatre groups in the endeavors.

I would like to further research Paul for a term paper at school as well as my own well being, does anyone have any ideas how I can get ahold of anything other than what I find on Google? Court Cases, legal battles etc?

Please e-mail me and let me know! Protect yourself Youngstown
yostatetheater@yahoo.com

Posted by: I Know the Truth (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2007 07:18AM

Anonymous Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I googled "Paul Warshauer" and found some very
> disturbing info. This guy has been involved in
> several theater renovations that turned into court
> cases. He has had problems with the Lawford
> Theater, the Portage Theater and the Wheaton
> Theater (all in Illinois.) This guy seems to be a
> great salesman, highly enthusiastic, generates
> lots of noise and excitement when he starts out,
> but then stuff starts to go south...Y-town might
> not want to get its hopes up too high.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes