facebook twitter RSS

Discussion Groups: Local Sports

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
THE Ohio State Buckeyes
Posted by: yannibgoode (IP Logged)
Date: January 02, 2015 11:06AM

I'm a die hard homer. Have no doubt about that. But when the buzz was going around about OSU making it into the final 4 I couldn't help thinking "Watch out for what you wish for." Third string quarterback? The SEC? We'd get humbled at best and humiliated at worst. Then I remembered Urban Meyer and I dismissed those thoughts. If anyone is capable of coaching up a 3rd stringer for a game like that it would be Urban. I then figured we's be competitive for maybe a half and then reality would check in and we would likely lose 34-14. But I would have a built in excuse so what the heck. I would hang my head high. This is why I never make predictions out loud. How little I knew. Well done Bucks, well done. After the Indians, Browns and what appears to be happening to the Cavs, I really really awesomely wicked bad needed that.

Re: THE Ohio State Buckeyes
Date: January 13, 2015 09:58AM

I'm figuring that every kid born in Ohio today will be named either Cardale, Ezekiel, or Urban. I'm bursting with Buckeye pride! My late and dearly missed writing partner was an OSU grad and there never was a bigger fan of the Bucks. If this game was broadcast in hell he's probably partying so rowdy that the devil his own bad self is telling him to bring it down a notch. Save your fire breath, Beelzebub. It ain't gonna happen.

Posted by: BAKnight (IP Logged)
Date: January 23, 2015 05:13PM

Yanni, I was at the chiropractor's office the other day and saw the SI issue predicting the Ducks over OSU. Funny stuff! The writer went totally on statistics. The Buckeyes showed why statistics don't mean Shiite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2015 05:13PM by BAKnight.

Date: January 23, 2015 06:17PM

Yeah Al, the last laugh IS always the best. The deep thinkers (save for Jim Rome, whom I believe nailed the score right on the head) need to find a better formula for their predicting. Urban showed 'em.

Posted by: BAKnight (IP Logged)
Date: January 24, 2015 03:26PM

He is the Professor of Football.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes