Discussion Groups: Politics

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Scooter Libby's Prison Sentence Pardoned
Posted by: Doubting Thomas (IP Logged)
Date: July 06, 2007 08:33AM

So, Revolution eyes, you've awakened from another deep slumber, huh?

Based upon stastical studies by John Hopkins University and the Lancet Survey Team, the current estimate of civilian Iraqi deaths due to the current(March 2004) war is that between 185,000 t0 700,000 have died. Of that 700,000 total, 275,000 are children under fifteen-years of age. Read the report to see why there is such a wide variation in the stastical reporting.

The Lancet study did not include the Iraq deaths during the 1991 Bush I Crusade, nor the deaths by malnutrition and lack of medical supplies brought about by the twelve-year UN/US Starvation Embargo. UN investigators estimated that one and one-half million( 1,500,000) Iraqis died during that period as a direct consequence of the embargo. Of that one and one-half million Iraqi dead, 650,000 were infants and toddlers under the age of five-years old.

{SNIP}

...A second feature of the epidemiologists’ findings that has not been sufficiently explored is the one suggested above by Michael O’Toole. Since their report establishes that aerial assault and bombardment is the leading cause of violent death in Iraq and, since a direct hit by a 500 pound Mark 82 bomb will render most houses uninhabitable, any survey that disregards damaged, uninhabited houses is sure to underreport deaths. This should be taken into account by any follow-up studies.

Thanks to Roberts, his international team, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, and the editorial board of the Lancet, we have a clearer picture of the violence taking place in Iraq than that presented by “mainstream” media. Allowing for 16 months of the air war and other deaths since the completion of the survey, we have to estimate that somewhere between 185,000 and 700,000 people have died as a direct result of the war. Coalition forces have killed anywhere from 70,000 to 500,000 of them, including 30,000 to 275,000 children under the age of 15.

Roberts has cautioned me to remember that whether someone is killed by a bomb, a heart attack during an air strike, or a car accident fleeing the chaos, those who initiated the war and who “stay the course” bear the responsibility.

As someone who has followed this war closely, I find the results of the study to be consistent with what I have seen gradually emerging as the war has progressed, based on the work of courageous, mostly independent reporters, and glimpses through the looking glass as more and more cracks appear in the “official story.”

[zmagsite.zmag.org]

Posted by: VO (IP Logged)
Date: July 06, 2007 10:14AM

"we have to estimate that somewhere between 185,000 and 700,000 people have died as a direct result of the war. Coalition forces have killed anywhere from 70,000 to 500,000 of them, including 30,000 to 275,000 children under the age of 15."

To the likes of JAd and his alter ego "REV EYES", these deaths are meaningless. In their view, Moslems aren't human, the Judaic and his Christian helpers are the only ones with the right to life. This type of cultural arrogance is why I hate religion. Government, war, religion and culture are all connected, string-like, in a bloody ball of hatred.

Date: July 06, 2007 02:48PM

I've always been an admirer of Wayne Madsen's investigative reporting and the REAL "scoops" he's come up with since I first took notice of him back during the Bush I 1991 Crusade in Iraq . To his credit, Madsen was the only journalist who was willing to go on record and link Brian Lamb and C-SPAN as co-conspirators in Rep. Tom Lantos' "Iraq Baby Incubator Hoax."

With Lamb's prior fifteen-year service at the Pentagon PR office,it is very clear that Lamb knew that Hill & Knowlton's Victoria Clarke was "scripting" the Tom Lantos' Incubator Hoax.

However, the plot thickens as it is revealed that Irving LIEbowitz(aka Scooter Libby) was also a Mossad operative and Marc Rich's lawyer. LIEbowitz connections to the Jewish kosher nostra in Russia are not so well known.

You'll never see this kind of reporting from the Situation Room. Now you see why our crypto- zionists, Alexander and JAD, are so hellbent on praising Bush.

{SNIP}

Lewis "Scooter" Libby has been a long-serving intelligence agent for Israel's Mossad, according to a veteran CIA "official cover" officer who spoke to WMR on deep background. The CIA's Clandestine Service has, over the years, gathered a tremendous amount of intelligence on Libby's activities on behalf of Mossad.

Libby served as the lawyer for Switzerland-based American fugitive financier Marc Rich, aka Mark David Reich, who is also known to be an Israeli intelligence asset and someone Israel relies upon for missions that demand "plausible deniability" on the part of the Mossad. Rich heads up a worldwide empire of dummy corporations, foundations, and numbered bank accounts that have been involved in sanctions busting and weapons smuggling. The nations involved include Israel, United States, United Kingdom, Iran, Panama, Colombia, Russia, Iraq (under Saddam Hussein), Cuba, Spain, Nigeria, Singapore, Bolivia, Jamaica, Bermuda, France, Italy, East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Austria, Kazakhstan, Philippines, Australia, Argentina, Peru, Ireland, Zambia, Sweden, Monaco, and apartheid South Africa.

In 1983, the then-U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York urged jail time for Rich and his partner Pincus Green for racketeering. The name of that U.S. Attorney is Rudolph Giuliani. Giuliani, who is now running for president, praised Bush's decision to commute Libby's jail sentence. After Clinton's pardon of Rich, Giuliani said he was "shocked." Paul Klebnikov, the Moscow editor for Forbes' Russian edition, wrote about the connections of Rich to Russian gangsters like Boris Berezovsky, a business partner of Neil Bush, in his book "Godfather of the Kremlin." Klebnikov was shot to death gangland-style on a Moscow street on July 9, 2004.

Libby not only provided the Mossad with a top agent inside the White House but also an important conduit for the Russian-Israeli Mafia.

Libby arranged for Rich's eleventh hour pardon by outgoing President Bill Clinton in January 2001. The pardon of Rich was urged in a phone call to Clinton by then-Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, as well as Shimon Peres and Ehud Olmert.

Yesterday, Libby received a commutation of his 30-month prison sentence from President George W. Bush. Libby was convicted on four counts of perjury, lying to a federal law enforcement officer, and obstruction of justice in the investigation by U.S. Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald of the White House's leak to the media of the identity CIA non-official cover officer Valerie Plame Wilson.

Libby was denied bail by U.S. Judge Reggie Walton and was ordered to prison while appealing his sentence. Libby was assigned Bureau of Prisons inmate number 28301-016.

Libby worked for Paul Wolfowitz in the State Department's Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs from 1982 to 1985. Libby again worked for Wolfowitz in the Pentagon as the Principal Undersecretary for Strategy and Resources. Libby later became the Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Policy and served as a chief aide to Defense Secretary Dick Cheney.

It was while Libby was working for Wolfowitz at State, the FBI arrested Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard, who had delivered enough highly-classified U.S. documents they could have entirely filled a garage. It was well known that Pollard had a "control officer" within the Reagan administration. The control officer was code-named "Mega."

Current British Lord Chancellor and former British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said that during Middle East peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians, "It's a toss-up whether [Libby] is working for the Israelis or the Americans on any given day." Clinton's Deputy Attorney General Eric Holder told the House Government Affairs Committee in 2001 that he discovered much more about Rich after Clinton's pardon and said, "Knowing everything that I know now, I would not have recommended to the president that he grant the pardon."

It has also been reported that, in addition to pressure from leading neocons in the United States to keep Libby out of jail, Bush was urged by leading Israeli government officials to prevent Libby from going to prison.

[www.opednews.com]

Date: July 06, 2007 04:38PM

So, Irving Liebowitz and Scooter Libby are the same person! I didn't have a clue but I'm not surprised. Clearly, the reason so many neo-cons are pro war is the Israel connection and many are becoming outed as Mossad agents or Jews masking as anglos. I've thought a lot about the Russian Communist connection and the MO of the world saving Russian-Jewish Zionist. Some things they seem to have in common:

1. They are fond of espionage and very comfortable with lying and betraying their country. The KGB files revealed that the Russian Jews have been spying in the USA from as early as the 1920s.

2. They are attracted to law and government. Their religion niavely believes earthly justice is possible.

3. They are experts at avoiding military service.

4. They are urban, sophisticated and experts at worldly pursuits and usually end up wealthy.

Our friend Irving fits the model perfectly.

Scooter and his neo-con ilk are not cut from American cloth but are remnants of the twentieth century struggle between fascism and communism. Catholic fascists like Spain's Franco and Germany's Hitler and Argentina's Peronists struggled against the left and the Bolshevists until the latter part of the century when democratic forces made both philosophies obsolete.

Today's neo-con Zionists are mostly merely retooled Commies trying to save the world from Islam while glorifying themselves and their own world view. I believe JAD has admitted his former communist ties and if we dig a little deeper I think we will find a foreign fascination with anti-fascism, last centuries struggle.

Posted by: Revolution eyes (IP Logged)
Date: July 07, 2007 12:54AM

VO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "we have to estimate that somewhere between
> 185,000 and 700,000 people have died as a direct
> result of the war. Coalition forces have killed
> anywhere from 70,000 to 500,000 of them, including
> 30,000 to 275,000 children under the age of 15."
>
> To the likes of JAd and his alter ego "REV EYES",
> these deaths are meaningless. In their view,
> Moslems aren't human, the Judaic and his Christian
> helpers are the only ones with the right to life.
> This type of cultural arrogance is why I hate
> religion. Government, war, religion and culture
> are all connected, string-like, in a bloody ball
> of hatred.

Don't you even dare to accuse me of a lack of compassion. People like you are the ones who don't care about the suffering of others enough to go to war. You and that idiot coward DT would be contented with just enjoying your pityful lives and ignoring the unpleasantness of liberating a country.

DT claims America is responsible for the deaths of "million" of Iraqis then cites a report that claims between 185,000 and 700,000 died. As there was very little "indescriminate bombing" in the war those figures are wildly exagerated. And the claim about all the people who died because of the sanctions is rediculous as well. Even if they were true, Saddam would be to blame because we didn't embargo food and medicine. He denied and punished his people, not America.

The world has never seen a country as magnanimous as ours when it comes to dealing with defeated foes. For you to claim otherwise just showcases your sickness. And, as I have said before, thankfully "losers" like you never come to power in America because mainstream Americans recognise you when they see you.

Date: July 07, 2007 08:08AM

"And, as I have said before, thankfully "losers" like you never come to power in America because mainstream Americans recognise you when they see you."

I don't seek power and never have; I only want autonomy over my own life. The likes of Irving Liebowitz have the reins of power and I prefer to keep them out of my life as much as possible.

The likes of Liebowitz and REV EYES have no compassion for others, as evidenced by the Zionist posts of REV and Liebowitz' role in covering up administration law breaking. They are monsters primarily concerned with advancing the primacy of the Zion.

Date: July 07, 2007 08:27AM

"we didn't embargo food and medicine."~Revolution eyes

There were food shortages that occurred because of the US No-Fly-Zone everyday bombings that destroyed sheep and farm crops. Most medicines were embargoed beacuse of their potential "dual use" capacity. Even chlorine, used to purify drinking water, was restricted.

To the slumbering Mainstram American, Revolution eyes:

Wake up!!!

{SNIP}from an Ornery American
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clinton’s Worst Crimes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bombs are merciful compared to what Clinton has done to the innocent children of Iraq, the most vulnerable of all, by maintaining ten years of the harshest sanctions in the history of mankind, begun on August 6, 1990, and kept in place at the insistence of the United States. On May 12, 1996, television’s "Sixty Minutes" interviewed Madeleine Albright (then U.S. ambassador to the UN, now Secretary of State). Leslie Stahl asked Albright, "We have heard half a million children have died [from economic sanctions in Iraq]. That's more children than died in Hiroshima. Is the price worth it?"

Albright replied, "I think this is a very hard choice. But the price, we think, is worth it."

I believe there is a special place in hell reserved for Madeleine Albright.

Yes, even four and a half years ago, 500,000 Iraqi children had already died as a direct result of economic sanctions. Over one million Iraqi civilians have died from the sanctions, mostly children under age five. Those are not Iraqi figures -- those figures come from Unicef, the World Health Organization, the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the UN’s Department of Humanitarian Affairs, and other international sources. The "oil-for-food" program is so ineffectual that two consecutive UN directors of that program (Denis Haliday and Hans Von Sponeck) resigned, out of protest that they were presiding over a humanitarian disaster which can only be called genocide. They were UN Assistant Secretaries General, the highest ranking UN personnel ever to resign for reasons of conscience. Now Denis Haliday and Hans Von Sponeck are touring America and other countries, pleading for an end to the sanctions on Iraq.

Embargoes during peacetime are tough enough, but after a devastating war, they are disastrous. During the Gulf War, U.S. forces deliberately targeted Iraqi water treatment plants, dams, and electric generating facilities (in violation of the Geneva Convention), later admitting they did it in order to cause disease (which was biological warfare by the United States). Iraq has not been allowed to rebuild its water treatment plants since then. Chlorine, and water chlorinators, are prohibited under sanctions. Disease is at epidemic levels, especially among babies and children under five. Nobel Peace prize winners have visited Iraq and described the sanctions as genocide. Iraqi children are dying from starvation, malnutrition, tainted water, lack of basic medicines, and diseases that were once rare but now epidemic.

Iraqis are also suffering horrible birth defects and cancers caused by the 350 tons of depleted uranium (DU) fired into Iraq by U.S. forces during the 1991 Gulf War. DU, used for armor-piercing shells, becomes on impact an dust that drifts on the desert winds until inhaled. DU is not only toxic, but has a radioactive half-life in the billions of years.

U.S. sanctions law is so tough that even shipping food or medicine to Iraq is punishable by a one million dollar fine and 12 years in prison. I have personally tried to send baby formula, but the U.S. post office refuses, due to sanctions. Many items are specifically banned (pencils, books including medical textbooks, chlorine, etc.), while all other items are prohibited without a U.S. Treasury Department license that is almost impossible to obtain....

[www.ornery.org]

Posted by: #!!!#&()!!! (IP Logged)
Date: July 07, 2007 12:06PM

This mirrors the time when Republican Gerald Ford pardoned Richard M. Nixon.It's OK to commit a crime when a wealthy American is from the same party and is in power and a big oil man at that.

Posted by: alexander (IP Logged)
Date: July 07, 2007 02:27PM

no fan of dubya Wrote:
> JAD, I'm sure you're right (eyes rolling in show
> of sarcasm).
>
> Fitzgerald probably persisted for political
> reasons, or reasons of personal ambition. It
> probably had nothing to do with his ethical belief
> in doing his job.
>
> And Lord knows we would never see anyone in the
> Bush administration doing anything like that.

Fitzgerald was a special prosecutor who spent years and millions of dollars to investigate this leak. When he couldn't indict anyone for the leak, he had to nail someone to the wall to justify his job.

How come no one was outraged when Clinton pardoned Marc Rich and his convicted drug dealer brother on his last day in office?

Posted by: Whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt (IP Logged)
Date: July 07, 2007 03:31PM

alexander Wrote:
> Fitzgerald was a special prosecutor who spent
> years and millions of dollars to investigate this
> leak. When he couldn't indict anyone for the leak,
> he had to nail someone to the wall to justify his
> job.

Not necessarily. Maybe the reason he couldn't indict anyone is because of Libby's lying and obstructing justice! I don't know why he didn't go after Armitage.

> How come no one was outraged when Clinton pardoned
> Marc Rich and his convicted drug dealer brother on
> his last day in office?

I think people were outraged. Clinton didn't pardon them to keep them from ratting on him about something, unlike in Bush's case!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
News
Opinion
Sports News
Entertainment News
Marketplace
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Submission Forms

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseContact
© Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503