facebook twitter RSS
 

Discussion Groups: Politics

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Early Voting in Mahoning County
Posted by: 8Cinnamon2 (IP Logged)
Date: October 28, 2012 11:38AM

Actually, I get proxy ballots in the mail early all the time, Yammi.

I am also sure that in instances of pension plans with boards of directors, like the state employees plans, members and stakeholders vote over a time period.

I'm just unsure of the effectiveness of the Republican interest in limiting the vote. I vote early because I take care of business in a prompt manner. That duty is now checked off my list. I don't wait for election day and a possible emergency that could keep me from getting to the polling place. That just doesn't make sense.

Re: Early Voting in Mahoning County
Posted by: yammibgoode (IP Logged)
Date: October 28, 2012 11:48AM

I get proxy ballots too. I also get absentee ballots which is the equivilent. What I don't get is to show up a month early and cast my vote. Why is there a need for that?

Re: Early Voting in Mahoning County
Posted by: 8Cinnamon2 (IP Logged)
Date: October 28, 2012 12:49PM

Early voting is in-person absentee voting. Exactly that. You seal your envelope, which is opened and put through the scanner on Election Day.

Now, the Republican party wanted at one point to pretend that Ohioans were against servicemen because the GOP wanted to shut down such absentee voting for everyone except servicemen. The courts said that they and others should have the ability to cast a vote.

Re: Early Voting in Mahoning County
Posted by: yammibgoode (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2012 07:12AM

Wow 8Cinnamon, I guess anything goes with you guys. You will say anything, do anything and never admit you are wrong. I guess election day is also in-person absentee voting... right?

Re: Early Voting in Mahoning County
Posted by: 8Cinnamon2 (IP Logged)
Date: October 30, 2012 07:57PM

I'm sorry. I have to say this. Is your idiot bit an act, or the real thing?

Check out the sign in the corridor of the Board of Elections. The one with the arrow to get in line for "IN PERSON ABSENTEE VOTING --->" "(EARLY VOTING)"

Re: Early Voting in Mahoning County
Posted by: yammibgoode (IP Logged)
Date: October 30, 2012 09:20PM

8Cinnamon2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sorry. I have to say this. Is your idiot bit
> an act, or the real thing?
>
> Check out the sign in the corridor of the Board of
> Elections. The one with the arrow to get in line
> for "IN PERSON ABSENTEE VOTING --->" "(EARLY
> VOTING)"


You can "name call" all you want Cinnamon, but that doesn't change the fact that early in person voting is just that.... in person early voting. It's noot the same as proxy voting by mail. Go ahead and try that with your proxy ballot. Name calling and changing the subject are two keys that you are losing the argument. And guess what? You have lost this argument.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes