facebook twitter RSS

Discussion Groups: Politics

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
When is a win not really a win?
Posted by: MGB (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2012 03:22PM

Sherrod Brown--who is for all intents and purposes a pompous a s s wipe--has what appears to be a slight (4 point) lead over the ill-chosen Josh Mandel in the race for the US Senate. Now I'm a reliable member of the GOP, at least when it comes to the majority of candidates, but Josh Mandel is a dud and a half. I'll vote for him because that's how much I hate Sherrod Brown and his pathetic, pedestrian class warfare mentality, but I'm not happy about it. So how bad does Sherrod Brown feel right now (assuming that he actually has feelings, which is probably a reach)? He's barely beating a guy who looks like he still shaves with a safety razor and is blindingly unqualified to be a US Senator. Brown has massive cash and ad buys from the DNC across this state and has been at President Obama's side a dozen times in the last eight weeks. With all of that he still has to sweat every last minute until election day. That should give him pause, especially once he gets a moment to quietly reflect on his job and his duty to the taxpayers. If I was running that close with such a terrible challenger I think I'd humble myself a little bit before the next session started. But then again I'm not a total a s s wipe like Sherrod Brown.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2012 03:24PM by MGB.

Re: When is a win not really a win?
Posted by: gammaray (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2012 06:18PM

Class struggle we don;t call it a war , the 47% are struggling the middle class is struggling, the uber rich not so much, the term class warfare is one used by the far right and rich so I guess it was they that see it as a war...

And Mandel Romney Ryan? really now MGB,, why can't your party field some competent candidates?

Posted by: 8Cinnamon2 (IP Logged)
Date: October 30, 2012 07:53PM

Jeez.
I give a vote to a Republican when the Democratic contender isn't up to snuff, as in the case of Mark Hanni for Appellate Judge.

I can't imagine voting for that opportunist high school student counsel candidate, Josh Mandel.

Sherrod Brown must have personally opposed you on an issue. I don't get it.

Posted by: MGB (IP Logged)
Date: October 31, 2012 09:05AM

8Cinnamon2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I can't imagine voting for that opportunist high
> school student counsel candidate, Josh Mandel.

I'm still young enough to remember high school pretty well and trust me, we wouldn't have voted for him for student counsel.

>
> Sherrod Brown must have personally opposed you on
> an issue. I don't get it.

No, he's just so far beyond the scope of what's acceptable that I find myself holding my nose (actually gluing my nostrils shut) and voting for Mandel. I have given and will continue to give many Democrats my vote when I believe that they're the right guy/gal for the job. Sherrod Brown is so repellent to me that I can hardly put it into words.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes