facebook twitter RSS

Discussion Groups: Politics

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Fired Santa
Posted by: yannibgoode (IP Logged)
Date: December 04, 2014 12:23PM

I read a piece yesterday about a mall (?) Santa who was fired for not allowing a little girl ( who is autistic I believe) and her therapy dog (a pit bull) to visit him. Please, don't misunderstand anything here. I'm 100% in favor of therapy dogs and totally agree that they are the same as seeing eye dogs and should be permitted virtually anywhere the owner wants to go. Period. So my rant isn't about therapy dogs but rather about how a lack of communications can really screw things up. It would have been prudent of the child's mother to tell the store manager ahead of time that her daughters TD was a pit bull and that she knew (of which I'm certain) that a lot people, right or wrong, founded or unfounded, have serious fear of them. We're all not Michael Vicks afterall. So she could have inquired if it was OK with the Santa on duty if the little one & her dog paid him a visit. To which the manager could have checked. Finding that Claus did indeed have a thing about pit bulls, perhaps he could have taken his break, switched suits with an employee who didn't mind taking his place a little before the child and her dog reached his chair. This Kringle I'm sure didn't wake up that morning thinking "What a nice day to ruin a kids Santa visit. I can't wait to get to work! And, part time seasonal help or not, he has every right to feel safe in his workplace. He gets peed on enough. He shouldn't have to pee himself too.

Kudo's go to the store for arranging a private visit with another Santa for the little girl.

But I'm giving coal to her mother for not giving the store a heads-up. Simple communications could prevent so many many problems.

Re: Fired Santa
Posted by: yannibgoode (IP Logged)
Date: December 04, 2014 12:43PM

On a related note, my dogs Killer & Psycho don't give therapy. They cause it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes