facebook twitter RSS

Discussion Groups: Politics

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Guilty Pleasures
Posted by: yannibgoode (IP Logged)
Date: December 16, 2014 12:08AM

Went to the B&O banquet hall Sunday night for their pot luck Christmas gala and had a really great/fun time. I was probably the only "outsider" in attendance. The regulars there are the local art circuit crowd I run into at Greyland etc. I know a few casually & one or two intimately but nobody exactly jumps up and shouts "Hey it's YBG! Let the party start!" when I walk through the door. Regardless, the main reason I went was to see & hear the group playing - The Guilty Pleasures. I had heard they were good but for some reason I just never made the effort to see them. My mistake. They ARE good! Three well seasoned veteran guitarists/vocalists with a female singer who doubles on hand percussion. Excellent players and singers all with an impeccable play list. Everything from Chuck Berry to Smith and all good things 60's in between. It's virtually the same kind of performance you'd see at some of the bistro's in Greenwich Village. Not overpowering but good & cool.

If you get the opportunity to catch the group, don't pass on it. You won't be sorry.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes