facebook twitter RSS

Discussion Groups: Outdoors

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Does Millcreek Park still have the gold fish pond?
Posted by: HomeAgain (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2007 12:11PM

I don't know if that's the official name for it but it's what I always called it.

I've been out of the area for 11 years and it's been even longer since I've been to Millcreek park.

I'm interested in visiting the park to see the gold fish pond, the flower garden and to rent a pedal boat. Are these things still all there?

Re: Does Millcreek Park still have the gold fish pond?
Posted by: city_resident (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2007 01:06PM

I think the goldfish pond is still there, but I guess it isn't as well kept as it used to be. The other stuff you mentioned is also still there, and is in good shape.

Date: May 10, 2007 01:36PM

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking forward to visiting it again.

Posted by: LouY (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2007 01:42PM

The Goldfish Pond is still here, But it hasn't been stocked in some time. There's a few giant, submarine looking fish still in it though.

The Gardens are really nice right now--You'll be surprised at the new Fellows Visitor center.

We were looking at Newport and Lake Glacier Boathouses about two weeks ago-- They weren't open yet but you can rent canoes and kayaks now too.

Also the Mill is open on weekends, and if you're gonna be around for a while check out the new wing at the Butler also.

Lou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2007 05:45PM by admin01.

Date: May 10, 2007 01:53PM

Thanks for the information Lou. We're back for good so we have plenty of time to check things out.

Posted by: LouY (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2007 03:12PM

Well, Hey, Welcome Home.

I don't want to open up the thread to all the Trolls and Bashers, But keep in mind that the city is still getting beat--I just moved to Boardman from the SouthSide two years ago. Try to enter the park from Boardman or the West Side... Some of the Southside neighborhoods are a little rough now.

LouY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2007 09:04PM by admin01.

Date: May 10, 2007 04:45PM

Thanks for the welcome. In the past I aways used the Boardman side to enter and exit the park but thanks for the heads up.

Posted by: anonymous (IP Logged)
Date: February 27, 2009 05:48PM

If you are referring to the Lily Pond, last time I was there I did see several large goldfish. they usually seemed to hang out on the right side of the pond by the benches.

Posted by: rebel69 (IP Logged)
Date: March 31, 2010 08:07PM

I go to the lily or goldfish pond several times a year with my grandchildren and they enjoy the various wild life ranging from the gold fish, turtles, ducks and a goose or two. Lake Newport rents paddle boats and there is a small boat launch on the northeast side. The geese are a real pain and everywhere you walk there is goose droppings. The park is a real plus for Y-town.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes