Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Hunting and Fishing is Wrong
Posted by: cavsfan916 (IP Logged)
Date: June 20, 2007 11:39PM

Hello,

I'd just like to bridge this controversial topic that is sure to divide and remind people that killing is killing. What has happened over the years is a decline in hunting and fishing licenses. Now, you may ask, why is that? Well, people have come to the conclusion that hunting and fishing causes pain and discomfort to animals. Who created animals including the human animal? God. Even though you may be an atheist, atheists even acknowledge that pain is pain and don't like to see any living species experience it. Well, most of them, anyway, probably like Christains, most of them, but who gets all of them? Next time you think about the two aforementioned subjects, well, think about the consequences and the moral and ethical standards you stand for...

Thanks for your consideration on this topic and in this matter...

From one pround animal lover....

J.

Re: Hunting and Fishing is Wrong
Posted by: cavsfan916 (IP Logged)
Date: June 24, 2007 01:05AM

Yet again, I look, and it remains unanswered...

I guess it's just proof that outdoor's people are ethically wrong...

God created more than human kind, and yet you insist on killing the other part of God's creation. I think you'll have much to answer to in the next world, but I'll continue to pray for you.

Good day!

Jim

Posted by: JanetF (IP Logged)
Date: July 06, 2007 07:05PM

Just exactly what are basketballs made of? Not cowhide anymore, I hope for you?

Posted by: dawkins (IP Logged)
Date: July 13, 2007 04:13PM

I may be wrong but according to your creation story, weren't animals put here to "serve" humans?

Posted by: JanetF (IP Logged)
Date: July 15, 2007 12:48AM

Eh, if Jesus can set the example by dining on fish and choosing fishermen for his 'main bunch', I wouldn't be too worried either which way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2007 12:49AM by JanetF.

Posted by: irish (IP Logged)
Date: July 18, 2007 02:00PM

According to the Bible, man was put on this earth to have dominion over God's Creation. To take care of it as we see fit, but we are going to be held accountable to God for waste and other forms of irresponsible behavior.

Posted by: ohio_outdoors_lover (IP Logged)
Date: July 20, 2007 10:43PM

your a moron cavsfan, what the hell is so wrong with fishing. children love it and it keeps them from getting into trouble and teaches them the outdoors values. as of hunting also there is nothing wrong with hunting. if no one hunted do you know that we would be over run with deer and other animals and just think of all the more vehicle deer accidents there would be. why dont you take your head out of your ass and quit your crying over hunting and fishing. why dont you go crying about all the crime and homeless people there are in this area that need help with shelter and food, atleast i donate my extra deer to homeless shelters so dont try to make it look like hunters and fishermen are bad people. id rather see a child hunting or fishing instead of walking the streets and selling drugs or getting into any other trouble or taking drugs themselves. thank god for hunters and fishermen

Posted by: Why is it ?? (IP Logged)
Date: July 27, 2007 12:58AM

Hunters spend millions on hunting licenses every year; the proceeds go to the conservation and preservation of animals. Animal activists will whine that hunting is being cruel to animals.

But ask an animal rights activist, do-gooder, to donate some money for animal conservation and they'll tell you, "Ah, I'm a little short on cash this week".

Money talks BS walks.

Posted by: Let's Laugh (IP Logged)
Date: August 02, 2007 02:58PM

A couple of years ago while surf fishing some PETA guy asked me why I fish when it is so cruel. I told him that I fish because no state has an open hunting season on PETA nuts.

Later that night I thought about PETA and their positions and decided to order a good steak for dinner.

When I think about animal rights advocates and PETA in particular I always have 2 questions. If the child of a PETA parent needed a heart valve replaced with a pig valve would the PETA parent sacrifice his child for the good of the pig? If the PETA nuts are planning on going to the malls this Christmas to throw simulated blood on little old ladies wearing fur, would they consider going to biker bars instead? I guarentee if they throw something on a Hells Angel wearing leather they will get plenty plublicity. Most likely posthumenously of cours.

Posted by: Central Scrutinizer (IP Logged)
Date: August 02, 2007 08:10PM

I belong to PETA. People Eating Tasty Animals. Seriously though a few years back those PETA folks went to Fishkill N.Y. to try to change the name of the town. They should have done their homework before arriving. The word kill is Indian for river. DOH!!!

Posted by: Kevin_Wins (IP Logged)
Date: August 18, 2007 09:06PM

Actually hunters do more good for the enviroment. I don't mind people hunting, as long as you do it legally.

Posted by: Local Boob (IP Logged)
Date: August 22, 2007 12:31AM

If God didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat!
(a classic.)

Posted by: kimg (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2007 11:34AM

Without hunters we would most likely be overrun with wild deer in our backyards. Bambi is cute and fuzzy until she chomps down on a small child.

Posted by: nature lover (IP Logged)
Date: September 07, 2007 03:55PM

I believe hunting is fine if you eat what you kill. People that just hunt to see who gets the biggest buck,or the biggegt tusks I think are cruel. Unless the meat can be doanated to the homeless and the poor. We eat cow ,have you ever looked one in the eye? They have big brown ones with really long eyelashes. But boy do the taste good. I wouldn't be able to eat a pet cow or pig etc.

Posted by: Bob (IP Logged)
Date: September 08, 2007 07:09PM

At the turn of the 20th century their were 7 condors and 10 wild turkeys...PETA took the condor under their wing. Hunters and state game commissions took the wild turkey under theirs. Today there are over 1,000,000 wild turkeys nationwide. I think there are less than 7 condors...need I say more.

Posted by: Deer Eater (IP Logged)
Date: September 28, 2007 03:58PM

You're right, I will never hunt again. In fact, I won't let anyone I know to hunt. It will be much better for the animals to become so overpopulated that they can no longer find food and eventually starve to death. I'm sure a dead, starved deer in my backyard will just make the kids the happiest they've ever been. Maybe if the carcass wasn't crawling with diseases, I'd let them go out and pet it.

Posted by: John Concern (IP Logged)
Date: September 30, 2007 11:16PM

So if we bite into a piece of lettuce does it hurt the lettuce? Does it feel pain?

Posted by: John Concern (IP Logged)
Date: September 30, 2007 11:17PM

I forgot. Tell the other animals and fish not to kill and eat each other too.

Posted by: Ok whatever!! (IP Logged)
Date: October 09, 2007 02:12PM

I love animals very much,but when it comes to fishing I am a true believer in it.I mean dont kill something if your not going to eat it.Cavs fan:How do you think that basketball you love so much is made?You sure are not very smart.And if it were not for your ancestors killing animals to eat you sure wouldnt be here.Personally I think you are just saying this stuff to geta conversation going while you are on your way to Taco Bell or KFC.

Posted by: a hunter (IP Logged)
Date: October 19, 2007 03:20PM

Yet, God allowed the lions to eat the christians! Sounds like a double standard to me.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes