facebook twitter RSS

Discussion Groups: Outdoors

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Fishing Spots
Posted by: Fisherman Jim (IP Logged)
Date: July 15, 2007 01:57PM

Anybody know of some good fishing spots around the valley?

Re: Fishing Spots
Posted by: to fisherman jim (IP Logged)
Date: August 17, 2007 12:53PM

Lake Mosquito has a lot of crappies and walleyes and catfish, even a few pike.

Posted by: fishing chic (IP Logged)
Date: October 09, 2007 02:14PM

Lake Milton is one of my favorites.Alot of bass there.

Posted by: lol (IP Logged)
Date: October 21, 2007 07:32PM

have you tried arthur treachers?

Posted by: Ohio Game Fishing (IP Logged)
Date: October 22, 2007 09:03PM

Posted by: BlaDren (IP Logged)
Date: June 24, 2008 02:52PM

I have been doing alot of fly fishing in waders. Milton's dam river and mosquitos state park boat dock area. I have not caught anything but blue gill.

Posted by: marey (IP Logged)
Date: September 17, 2008 07:25PM

why can't a person fish at the five lakes, including hamilton, in struthers? where is there to fish that isn't on private land or 30 miles away? those lakes have been there since before the lawmakers who enforce no fishing at these sites were born. what's so wrong with fishing in lakes provided for fishing? there's no reasonable explanation. not everyone knows people with private fishing lakes or can afford to pay to fish. why is it, everytime something fun is out there for people in this county someone has to insist putting a price on it and cutting out those who can't pay or get there?

Date: October 06, 2008 03:02PM

After finishing up this summer I have caught 10 4lb large mouth Bass and numerous other fish such as perch and crappie from wader fishing next to the wildlife preserve line in lake mosquito. I went to the same spot everytime this year after 5pm and did excellent. you turn left at pontiac dealership on elm road and head over the train tracks and 5 miles down that road. It will take you the wild life preserve line. You turn right down the gravel driveway and it takes you to a gravel lot. You can put a boat in there or you can wade the entire shore easily and about 80 yards out. Excellent fishing and alot of bass action in this area.

Posted by: Thanks (IP Logged)
Date: October 07, 2008 01:28AM

That's pretty good information, and you don't have to worry about being overrun next year. We're the only two that read this forum.

Date: May 18, 2009 02:41PM

Any New Fishing Spots for this year.... I caught one 19inch walleye at the wildlife preserve line and then the next 5 times i went out i caught nothing.

Anyone ever fish right next to the boat launch rental in mosquito lake off of the causeway. I went there and wadered and caught nothing but you could walk all the way around the bay 80 meters from the shore. Im thinking this would be an excellent place for bassing in the hot summer due to the shallowness of the water and plenty of cover for smaller fishes

Posted by: rebel69 (IP Logged)
Date: March 31, 2010 07:55PM

I have fished Highland Town on route 30 south of Lisbon. Great bluegills and some small to medium size pike. The area is quiet and very picturesque. I don't hunt but I've seen a lot of turkeys and heard their calls while fishing. It a restricted lake - electric motors only. I have also fished Atwood and Leesville with limited success. If fishing from the shore at Leesville watch for snakes. It's loaded with black snakes and copperheads but it was never a very serious problem except to my wife who wouldn't get out of my truck when she seen three black snakes on the path to the lake.

Posted by: star_8623 (IP Logged)
Date: April 01, 2010 09:58AM

its unfortunate that the five lakes are no longer available to fish as when i was younger that all i remember doing is going with my family and fishing. It kept us close and gave us something to do. Now we go to a private club to fish but other then that we dont really go anywhere else except erie if we want to make a trip out of it and sometimes mosquito. Wish we could be able to fish at the five lakes again remember great times fishing at these places

Posted by: star_8623 (IP Logged)
Date: April 01, 2010 10:01AM

the only reason they are set to private lake is for money no other reason... thats what this counrty thrives on so of course they have to take away something good.used to go to pine, evans, hamilton, all of them but not anymore.. so upset about this issue. i could see maybe using two lake for this purpose but leave some available for people who enjoy a day on the lakes catching some fish

Posted by: Dogsled (IP Logged)
Date: December 11, 2010 02:12PM

I was told those 'private' lakes were now owned by AQUA MARINE, including McKelvey lake on Youngstowns east side. A permit to fish them is available for.......$500.00 a year. Who enforces this is beyond me. I've come up from the dam side along Yellow Creek and fished Hamilton whenever I was in the area and never seen any enforcement or been stopped. An ODNR game warden wouldn't be there because it's private so I don't know what could be done if you were approached about it other than told to leave. I never saw any signs posted.

Posted by: helensteiner091 (IP Logged)
Date: December 07, 2016 01:50AM

Fishing provides that link with the entire living world. It gives you the chance of being totally engrossed, turning back into yourself in a fine way. A form of consideration, various form of unity with stages of yourself that are deeper than the normal self. MidnightEssays.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes