facebook twitter RSS

Discussion Groups: Outdoors

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
fishing cayak
Posted by: EAGLE (IP Logged)
Date: January 03, 2008 11:36PM

Can't afford a boat, but I have been checking out fishing Kayaks. They seem pretty cool, and it seems like you can get right on the fish...

Re: fishing cayak
Posted by: Bob (IP Logged)
Date: January 04, 2008 03:16PM

My brother-in-law just bought one of those Bass Buddies, the 2-seaters that can be run by a trolling motor. He lives in Eastern NY near the VT & MA borders where their are a ton of small lakes and he loves it. It was a little too heavy for one to carry so he built a small trailer for it. He uses it all the time and is hooked. The kayaks I have seen limit what you can carry due to the size and setup, but for one man to haul they are ideal. I think he bought the B.B. for under $500. I guess it all boils down to where you fish at and what you are after.

Posted by: Dt (IP Logged)
Date: January 08, 2008 10:02AM

You might want to check out inflateable boating. My brother likes it for lake and river "floating" and claims that the fabric is rugged and durable.

As you probably know, the US Army Rangers use these inflatable boats. I saw these boats at an army surplus auction one time, but the government had de-miled them, by mutilation, making them unseaworthy. The material was very, very thick.

You might want to check out Sea Eagle, although my brother bought his inflateable from Gander Mountain, I think.

[www.seaeagle.com]

Re: fishing Kayak
Posted by: EAGLE (IP Logged)
Date: January 09, 2008 11:40PM

Have been doing research. Very cool craft. You can mount depth finders and you have alot of rod holding capability. Watched some utube videos and saw some nice catches, including sharks and large pike. Seems like the way I want to go at this point.

Re: fishing Kayak
Posted by: BlaDren (IP Logged)
Date: May 18, 2009 02:52PM

do you mean by kayak or by bass buddy?

Posted by: ntheg (IP Logged)
Date: August 22, 2010 05:35PM

Never done it myself but I've watched guys at West Branch and it looks pretty damn fun

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes