facebook twitter RSS

Discussion Groups: Outdoors

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
570WKBN Outdoor Icon show
Posted by: Shooter (IP Logged)
Date: September 20, 2008 10:12AM

I always enjoy listening to the Outdoor Icon while driving home from work in the morning.
Rob and Denny were off today, and their substitute was the Mahoning County Wildlife Officer, Dave Brown. (That's the game warden to you, and me.)

At first, his voice reminded me of the teacher on Ferris Bueller. "Anybody, anybody? Bueller."

I quickly got over that. This was the best Outdoor Icon show ever. We learned about black bears in Ohio, where the local eagle's nests are located, and what a success the rabies vaccine program is.

Dave was a wealth of information about local wildlife. I really enjoyed my drive home. the only show that comes close is when Ted Nugent was a guest.

I really hope that Dave becomes a regular on the show.

Re: 570WKBN Outdoor Icon show
Posted by: Shooter (IP Logged)
Date: September 27, 2008 07:51PM

Today's show was the worst one ever. I don't believe the guy from the "Hunters & shooters association" is either a hunter, or a shooter.

He seemed like somebody that would tell you whatever you wanted to hear, just to get an Obama vote.

I wasn't fooled. I will never vote for Obama.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes