facebook twitter RSS

Discussion Groups: Outdoors

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Where is .30 Carbine and .38 ammo around here?
Posted by: Steven (IP Logged)
Date: March 24, 2009 04:54PM

I am going to the range tomorrow and Saturday. I called around and could only find 2 boxes in North Lima of .30 carbine ammo. Most vendors said they were waiting on shipments and they were out. Anyone have a line on where I can get about 10 boxes of .30 carbine and 10 boxes of .38 target loads?

Re: Where is .30 Carbine and .38 ammo around here?
Date: March 24, 2009 05:44PM

I'm sitting pretty with 9mm, .308, and .223 but I am going plinking with my sons. If need be, we'll just use the Ruger .22 pistol and the AR.

On the plus side, there is plenty of 22LR out there. I am thinking of buying the new Sig Sauer 522 for a fun shooter. It is the scaled down version of the Sig Sauer 556 but with .22LR rounds. Fun to shoot and cheap.

Posted by: chevyguy85 (IP Logged)
Date: March 24, 2009 05:46PM

Steven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am going to the range tomorrow and Saturday. I
> called around and could only find 2 boxes in North
> Lima of .30 carbine ammo. Most vendors said they
> were waiting on shipments and they were out.
> Anyone have a line on where I can get about 10
> boxes of .30 carbine and 10 boxes of .38 target
> loads?

.38 shouldn't be too hard to find, just have to shop around a little more. There is a supply and demand issue going on with ammo right now, the .30 carbine ammo you may need to purchase online... but sadly you won't get it by tomorrow, most likely not till early next week. I always buy this way in bulk off the internet, much cheaper in most cases. If you don't mind wolf for plinking, it's pretty reasonable. I'm a gun nut and I have never had a problem with it any caliber I own... Yeah, it makes your gun dirtier than more expensive brass cased ammo, but it doesn't damage it and for the price its worth it. Sg has other brands, but wolf is by far the cheapest. It's not the best for hunting, but it gets the job done cheaply for paper punching or shtf scenario.

I always buy my ammo online and in bulk. Buy enough for about 4 or 5 range trips at a time and it's usually about what you would pay for 2 or 3 range times at retail when buying per box of 20 or 50. The more you buy the more you save.

[www.sportsmansguide.com]

WX2-90211 250 rds. .30 Wolf« FMJ Ammo
$64.97
Was $67.97 Club Price $61.72
Qty:
Shim
WX2-90212 500 rds. .30 Wolf« FMJ Ammo
$121.97
Was $129.97 Club Price $115.87
Qty:
Shim
WX2-90213 1,000 rds. .30 Wolf« FMJ Ammo
$237.97
Was $254.97 Club Price $226.07

More sources

[www.midwayusa.com]***

Also try:

www.ammoman.com

www.aimsurplus.com

www.dansammo.com

www.cheaperthandirt.com (although dirt has been pretty expensive lately and for some reason higher priced than just about everywhere else.)

Date: March 24, 2009 05:56PM

Thanks Chevy,

That was very helpful.

Posted by: Wes (IP Logged)
Date: March 24, 2009 06:16PM

Dude, there was an election. Why didnt you buy ammo before now??

Posted by: bobo (IP Logged)
Date: March 24, 2009 06:34PM

Dukes Sporting Goods located just south of New Castle either on or just off Route 422 has a lot of ammo and at very good prices.

Posted by: chevyguy85 (IP Logged)
Date: March 24, 2009 07:21PM

A lot of the myths about wolf ammo and other steel cased brands damaging your firearm were started by indoor range owners who make money from sweeping up your brass and either reloading it themselves or selling it to people who reload. Give me a break... they say that it's steel on steel and that is why it is bad... The steel in your extractor is wayyyy thicker than the steel of the casing... It's like trying to damage a steel column in a building by throwing an empty pop can against it. Since I would say only about 10% or less of shooters actually reload, it's a waste to get brass case ammo unless extremely high quality ammo is needed for hunting or shooting competitions.

I don't reload, so wolf is perfect for a high volume shooter like me.. Cheapest stuff you can buy that is actually reliable and will go bang every time. It's about half the price of some of the cheapest brass cased ammo available... while not competition worthy, you can still get fairly good groupings with it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes