Discussion Groups: Feedback

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Feedback Forum
Posted by: disappointed (IP Logged)
Date: January 23, 2008 02:58PM

This new format is cumbersome and not user friendly. I liked the old format. We don't have the option to comment on very much. Before, you could click on a story, editorial, or a letter and add you opinion. But that has now changed. I also read the new user policy. Very restrictive. I guess you will lose a lot of people this way. It was fun while it lasted....

Posted by: jtholmes (IP Logged)
Date: January 25, 2008 02:25PM

ALL:

We are still working on the issues some of you are experiencing in IE 6. Though we test in house in IE 6, 7 FireFox, Safari and Opera it's nearly impossible to replicate every scenario.

That being the case, I'd appreciate it if you would post not only the problem you're experiencing but the browser, operating system (Windows 98, XP, 2000, Vista, Etc.) and the screen resolution you're running. This will help us duplicate your issues.

Thanks for your patience and for using Vindy.com.

Posted by: stellawanderlast (IP Logged)
Date: January 26, 2008 08:12AM

I stumbled on to your forum looking for a resident of younstown and thought I could take out aclassified, but excuse my ignorance I could not find how to do that on your website. I may have missed something, Looking for JACK DEPIZZO bORN dECEMBER 1948
any one have any suggestions as to how to track him down
regards Stella from down under

Posted by: Coolteach (IP Logged)
Date: June 10, 2008 09:18PM

Dear Editors:

I wanted to share something that happened to me yesterday, in hopes that it can help someone not to make the same mistake I made. I'm not sure if this is the venue, or if I should actually write an article or letter to the editor of the actual Vindicator. But for now, let me post it here.

I am a teacher, and I am known to have a compassionate heart for students. I really do want to help people to make a better life for themselves.

Yesterday there came to my door a young woman who told me she is going door to door, trying to sell magazine subscriptions so that she could earn a scholarship and some prizes for herself. She told me how she had gotten messed up in her life, but now she was really trying to change.

I must have had the words "Big Sucker" written on my head, because somehow her story resonated with me to the point that I thought I would like to help her, even if I didn't really want a magazine subscription.

Eventually I chose one, more or less to get her on her way. I was shocked, however not only at the price, but at the shipping and handling cost, but she told me she gets a big portion of that for her salary...so I bit it hook line and sinker.

When she left, I decided to look on-line, and immediately I became sick to my stomach. The company:"Fidelity Reader Service" is plastered all over the internet as a fraudulent company which suckers homeless or kids in trouble to go door to door for a very small percentage. In the past, some of the kids who have answered the ad in the paper to join a team and earn great money and see the USA, have gotten involved in robberies and even raped home owners, according to the stories told by many of the victims.

Immediately I blocked the check, but now I have to close my checking account as well. Already it has cost me $40 just to undo what I did yesterday. Who knows what else I will get hit with, or whether my bank account and private information will get hacked into too!

I then called my daugher, who had been visited by the same group, only her salesperson was a slick talking teenage boy.

I called the police who told me they are aware of this group, but that they have a soliciation permit. I wonder if they are aware of the amount of criminal activity that has been linked to this group. I was told that I should have been more careful. "Buyer beware!" the cop told me. OK. There you have it.

So, I just want to warn my fellow citizens and people who have good hearts and perhaps are too trusting like I am. Whatever you do, don't let your teenagers answer one of these ads in the paper!

They have lots of credentials, and even a list of signatures of other suckers like me, to make you believe that there are other neighbors who also gave to this group.

Please be careful, and whatever you do, do not let them in!

You can read more about these groups in an article at: [www.thenyrm.com]
Or just google "Fidelity Reader Service."

Just sign me
Coolteach

Posted by: Poster (IP Logged)
Date: September 16, 2008 11:26AM

I have nothing to say - I just wanted this forum to have a post - noone has posted on it since June lol.

Posted by: skull and bones (IP Logged)
Date: October 15, 2008 08:15AM

you removed the pertinent blog on the canfield police. Must be pertinent it had posts in 4 days.

Posted by: skull and bones (IP Logged)
Date: October 15, 2008 08:16AM

116 posts in 4 days

Posted by: include me 2 (IP Logged)
Date: January 29, 2009 02:19PM

I want to get a username but I do want to sign up for anything else. I receive the paper already at my home. Can I just sign up and nothing more?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes